satellite all of sudden wont find any signals!help!

techshredder

Original poster
Dec 26, 2009
ohio
ok so i have dish network with adish i got it in july.the reciever i have is the 722 hd dual reciever. it been working great sinnce july .early yesterday mourning it was working fine. . couple hours later couldnt find a sat signal at all.we didnty touch or do anything to anything.so i dont know what happened...so i figured a uple hours or this mourning it would work nope cant find sat.itsmounted on a sturdy post so i know it didnt move at all.i check all connection so make sure there tight which they were.im pretty sure the reciever is fine so its got to be something with sat.i live in ohio and yesterday is was rainy and windy so i dunno if that has something to with it .there is no snow or ice on dish but the cable lines seem to be a little iced over.so i go to the point sat menu to see any sat that will work.they all show nothing no red or green no signal strenth at all.i tried 61.5,72,77, and 119 i went through all the tranponders nothing!i also hit the system info it showed 61.5,72 and 77 all 3 had red box all x out.i dont understand how it can all of a sudden find no signals at all!i hope some1 experienced a prob like this and can give me pointers thanks a bunch in advaance

My guess is your "heavy wind" blew the dish out of alignment. It doesn't take much movement to get out of line of the satellites. You said it is on a post, when you touch the dish does it move left or right at all?

ok so i have dish network with adish i got it in july.the reciever i have is the 722 hd dual reciever. it been working great sinnce july .early yesterday mourning it was working fine. . couple hours later couldnt find a sat signal at all.we didnty touch or do anything to anything.so i dont know what happened...so i figured a uple hours or this mourning it would work nope cant find sat.itsmounted on a sturdy post so i know it didnt move at all.i check all connection so make sure there tight which they were.im pretty sure the reciever is fine so its got to be something with sat.i live in ohio and yesterday is was rainy and windy so i dunno if that has something to with it .there is no snow or ice on dish but the cable lines seem to be a little iced over.so i go to the point sat menu to see any sat that will work.they all show nothing no red or green no signal strenth at all.i tried 61.5,72,77, and 119 i went through all the tranponders nothing!i also hit the system info it showed 61.5,72 and 77 all 3 had red box all x out.i dont understand how it can all of a sudden find no signals at all!i hope some1 experienced a prob like this and can give me pointers thanks a bunch in advaance

I would call Dish Network to set up a service call. I know there are a lot of DIYers here, me included, but this is very hard to do with no experience. DNS will probably not charge you to set one up since you probably have the DHPP warranty. Good luck!

thanks for reponses i cant really move it left to right its on the post good.i do have a service call . the only problem is i cant get them out til mon but i work mon-fri .so i have to wait a week til sat. so i figured ill see if anyone had a similar problem its frustrating

Service call?

You can call dish for the service call then try a repoint your self. If it has just turned a bit on the pole then loosing the clamp on the pole and rotating it a bit isn't going to make it any worse than you are now. If you get signal back up on your onw then cancel the service call.

thanks for reponses i cant really move it left to right its on the post good.i do have a service call . the only problem is i cant get them out til mon but i work mon-fri .so i have to wait a week til sat. so i figured ill see if anyone had a similar problem its frustrating

Yeah thats the bad thing too, you can request after 4 or 5 for them to come out. DO NOT REQUEST FIRST AM because it never works, I have never seen it work. But it honestly depends on what jobs the tech has because you might be easiest to do first and sometimes right in the middle. Just call up and tell them you ARE NOT available until 5pm and tell them to put the notes on the front of the work order. They'll say they can't guarantee it but the tech can see it and will accommodate. Don't be surprised if they call asking for an earlier arrival because I know the internal techs like to complain about working past 5(even 4) so you might get a subcontractor.

You can try to aim it yourself, it won't hurt, but for someone who knows nothing of what they are doing, I would call. Some people are going to come on here and say "Oh, pint it to the right" or "have you tried pointing it to left while turning the TV volume max to hear if you get a signal while you're hanging one foot off the ladder to reach the dish".

Just set up a service call and save yourself the headache (and possibly bodyache).

thanks for the advice guys its fixed and works now.i didnt even think of trying to move the dish alittle to left or right because i didnt think it was that sensitive.that was it tho it blew it alittle to the left i moved it a little the other way now it works fine .so yea im thrilled that its working and i dont have to wait for the servive ppl !:)

Yeah thats the bad thing too, you can request after 4 or 5 for them to come out. DO NOT REQUEST FIRST AM because it never works, I have never seen it work. But it honestly depends on what jobs the tech has because you might be easiest to do first and sometimes right in the middle. Just call up and tell them you ARE NOT available until 5pm and tell them to put the notes on the front of the work order. They'll say they can't guarantee it but the tech can see it and will accommodate. Don't be surprised if they call asking for an earlier arrival because I know the internal techs like to complain about working past 5(even 4) so you might get a subcontractor.

Just set up a service call and save yourself the headache (and possibly bodyache).

Don't take this the wrong way, but PM appointments are between 12 and 5. If the OP can't be there at that time then he should schedule it when he can be there. I hate getting getting these jobs that say "After 5" (although a service call isn't bad, but I have seen 4 room new connects stating the same thing.)

thanks for the advice guys its fixed and works now.i didnt even think of trying to move the dish alittle to left or right because i didnt think it was that sensitive.that was it tho it blew it alittle to the left i moved it a little the other way now it works fine .so yea im thrilled that its working and i dont have to wait for the servive ppl !:)

It is crazy how close you have to be :) People that haven't ever used satellite are always amazed by this when I set up my dish at tailgates. Glad you got it fixed. Make sure to tighten down the bolts so it doesn't shift again.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)