Satellite-default

pepper rex

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 16, 2005
I have a dish receiver 301. Only using the 119 cable plugged directly into receiver
Has been working great with high signal strength on all transponders
Yesterday was the start of what is now a predicted 8 day long tropical depression High winds and continual heavy rain
As expected signal strength dropped steadily then screen showed on 119 sat "acquiring signal 'which I expected
however it then changed to satellite default with continuous revovlving through the transponders
In a weeks time when I can fially get up on the roof what should I be looking for
Any advice would ge greatly appreciated

I have seen them do that. If they cannot find a satellite after a while they start to cycle through satellites to see if you changed it or something. It should cycle back to 119 on a regular basis.

It sounds like your 119 dish is out of alignment. You should not lose satellite that much (days) even in heavy rain.

If you do not want to pay for someone to come out and repoint your Dish, you can take your reciever and TV out there and move your dish around slightly and watch the signal bar until you get a higher signal. But, if you are not handy, paying Dish for the protection plan ($6) and then $15 for the tech visit might be the best option.

since you only have one satellite in the mix it will show "default" satellite as it can't find 119

yeah it sounds like the dish is out of alignment ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts