Satellite Dish Suction Mount

alohadustin

Original poster
Jun 27, 2007
Noob Here, so go easy....
I currently live in a apartment complex that is a "Qwest Only community" which means NO Cable Company is available. Since Qwest has a contract with DirecTV, they are my only choice. Here's the problem. I live in a 1 story apt and my patio faces directly due north ( so NO view of the southern sky, AT ALL). There is a dish on the side of my building (there are only 2 apartments in my building), so I put a order in for DirecTV to come out and put another one only to find out that the dish is "owned" by Qwest. So I call Qwest and try to sign up for HD programming, they tell me the current dish and setup is not capable of receiving the HD signal, so I request a new dish be installed only to be REJECTED. I talked to the property manager and she said I could do whatever I needed as long as the dish wasn't "visible". There is a small undisturbed walkway from the complex to the street that is a nice gated fence. The walkway is about 15' wide and 30' feet long and houses the elec meters and air conditioning units for my building and the nest one. So now to my question, I am looking for a way to get DirecTV to come out and put in a HD Dish. Putting it on my patio using the bucket of cement is not a option, anything on my patio is not a option. I saw there was a "suction cup" mount for satellite dishes which would be perfect since my bedroom window is directly below the current satellite and wouldn't be officially "attached". The problem is I can't find a suction glass mount ANYWHERE, the one I found was on ioffer, but is no longer available. I could use a tripod, but I'm afraid the other building is too close and won't get a direct view that close to the ground. Any suggestions anyone?

Update, I found one at Secure Mount - Revolutionary New Satellite Mounting System, but it say it will only hold a 19" Dish, but I think the HD Dishes from DTV are 20"

Last edited:
It was called "On Glass" and was basically a suction cup mount to mount your Dish to a window.

It was a great idea, but I would not trust it to hold up a Dish considering the wind load and the extra stress put on the glass!

non penetrating roof mount

I think a non penetrating roof mount will work if you can get the signal. since you are putting this in a enclosed patio try to find an experienced installer who can verify that you can get a line of site for the satellites you will need. you can get one of these for somewhere around 50-75 dollars. Good luck getting your dish. P.S. You will need 6-8 concrete blocks to keep the non penetrating roof mount from moving.

Can you purchace your own cable box and use it w/ your cable?

Anyone using Vista Media Center & STB's?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts