Satellite Splitter

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

cyberham

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 16, 2010
Halfmoon Bay, British Columbia
Can the photo item be substituted for a diseqc switch between one receiver and two dishes? I guess both LNBs would be powered all the time then.

One dish has a motor. The other dish is fixed.

What, if any, advantage would this be over using a diseqc switch?
20200423_123929~2.jpeg

Sent from my SM-G950W using the SatelliteGuys app!

I could put in series with a diseqc swich and make one receiver master (supplies power) and one receiver the slave (no power).

As the power from the powered output could reach the 'no power' output that way, I'm not sure if the 'no power' output transistor could get damaged. That is at your own risk.

I would say: NEVER use such a power pass both ports - both ways - splitter for combining two receivers.
For that, there are both ports power pass one-way splitters, or ONE port power pass one way splitters, or even smart priority switches (but these act more like switches than as splitters, it seems: the passive port shows random losses, when the other port has control).

The splitter you show is excellent for parallel use of diseqc devices; e.g. to split signal between diseqc 1.2 and/or 1.0 and/or 1.1 devices.

BTW I'm not sure what happens with 22kHz control in a setup like you suggested.
Could it still be provided by the not-powering port, or can it only be provided by the powering port?
Or is it dependent on maybe various RF/HF filtering inside the splitter?
Never tested such a setup, though.

Greetz,
A33

Reactions: c-spand

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)