SatMex-6 is now on way to 115º West!

Status
Not open for further replies.
N5XZS

N5XZS

Thread Starter
SatelliteGuys Pro
Jan 23, 2005
4,031
1,969
Albuquerque, NM, USA
The new baby bird is born, and they may start testing in the next few weeks!!

This new bird use C-band and KU band for North and South America at 109* West.

Hope there some more goodies!!:hungry:

Happy TV DXing!!:D
 
M

Mr Tony

SatelliteGuys Pro
Supporting Founder
Nov 17, 2003
447
181
Mankato, MN
hopefully they use it for a west coast version of Hispasat

and hopefully it has a decent signal to the Northern states :D
 
F

fulszjep

SatelliteGuys Family
Dec 19, 2005
48
0
satmex

what is the diference between ku 1 and ku 2 exept ku 2 goes farther notrh? I was looking at the maps on website
 
Satellite Expert

Satellite Expert

SatelliteGuys Pro
Feb 15, 2004
615
0
N5XZS said:
This new bird use C-band and KU band for North and South America at 109* West.
Er... 109.2 ku is a Canadian slot. Canada and Mexico swapped slots when Anik F1 and F2 were launched.

Satmex 6 is going to 114.9
 
M

Mr Tony

SatelliteGuys Pro
Supporting Founder
Nov 17, 2003
447
181
Mankato, MN
fulszjep said:
what is the diference between ku 1 and ku 2 exept ku 2 goes farther notrh? I was looking at the maps on website
The EIRP. #1 is for a 49 EIRP (in simple terms, you will get a really strong signal)
#2 is "well, you might get a signal with a 30", better go a little bigger

outside of that...have fun picking us up
 
J

Jumbo Dumbo

SatelliteGuys Pro
Apr 20, 2005
304
0
Rick in MD said:
No According to Satmex's Website Satmex 6 will be at 109.2

Just goes to show that an in & out of bankrupt company doesn't keep up their website

Satmex 6 is going to 113. Solidaridad 2 will be relocated to 114.9

http://www.futron.com/pdf/FutronRR2006-04.pdf

2 high powered Ku satellites cannot operate at 1.9 or 1.8 degree spacing without interference. That's why Canada won't use 109.2 and Mexico is placing a low powered satellite @ 114.9
 
Last edited:
R

Rick in MD

SatelliteGuys Pro
Feb 23, 2005
219
0
Jumbo Dumbo said:
Just goes to show that an in & out of bankrupt company doesn't keep up their website

Satmex 6 is going to 113. Solidaridad 2 will be relocated to 114.9

http://www.futron.com/pdf/FutronRR2006-04.pdf

2 high powered Ku satellites cannot operate at 1.9 or 1.8 degree spacing without interference. That's why Canada won't use 109.2 and Mexico is placing a low powered satellite @ 114.9


Interesting.. 113 then, I can look there.. No problem.. :D Nice find..
 
S

Sassan

SatelliteGuys Pro
Sep 1, 2005
283
13
Columbus
so whats the final verdict on this?

and anyone had any luck getting anything on this?
 
P

photoman76

SatelliteGuys Pro
Jan 8, 2005
3,291
1
I guessing it will undergo testing at 115 degrees and then move to 113 degrees and replace Solidaridad 2. Here is a press release from Loral which indicates Satmex 6 will be located at 113 degrees west. http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/060527/nysa016.html?.v=27

I haven't seen any activity on the spectrum analyzer.
 
pro96

pro96

You Member, Member ?
Supporting Founder
Jul 18, 2005
6,464
14
OC
photoman76 said:
I guessing it will undergo testing at 115 degrees and then move to 113 degrees and replace Solidaridad 2. Here is a press release from Loral which indicates Satmex 6 will be located at 113 degrees west. http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/060527/nysa016.html?.v=27

I haven't seen any activity on the spectrum analyzer.

Hopefully the Ku-band will be packed with interesting FTA channels, unlike SatMex 5.
If it's strong enough, a 6 footer C band will do. :D
 
S

soyticodepz

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Apr 19, 2006
21
0
Does anybody know what channels will be available in this sat?
 
pro96

pro96

You Member, Member ?
Supporting Founder
Jul 18, 2005
6,464
14
OC
soyticodepz said:
Does anybody know what channels will be available in this sat?

It's unknown for now, and most are waiting for more FTA Televisa + Azteca channels in the clear. Hopefully this bird will carry that in KU, but more likely on C-BAND
 
S

sksatellite

SatelliteGuys Pro
Sep 7, 2003
616
0
I think its doing test at 115 roght now, because I did quite a few re-adustment dish the last few days.
 
P

photoman76

SatelliteGuys Pro
Jan 8, 2005
3,291
1
Satmex 6 in service at 113 degrees

Satmex 6 is now operating at 113 degrees west.

On the ku side there are a number of data services. Unfortunately I haven't found any FTA channels yet.

I'm not sure if Satmex 6 has taken over for Solidaridad 2 on the Cband side yet. I received Solidaridad 2 well in California and I'm not noticing much difference in signal strength.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar threads

F
Replies
19
Views
1K
N6BY
N6BY
Paul_C
Replies
31
Views
2K
k1cza
k1cza
F
Replies
2
Views
762
Corrado
Corrado
Guitar playing jimmy G
Replies
3
Views
1K
C-BAND Satellite Discussion
Captain Midnight
Captain Midnight
Guitar playing jimmy G
Replies
4
Views
644
C-BAND Satellite Discussion
mr3p
mr3p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

  • N5XZS
Top