SBC / DISH Deal +942

sdsumann

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 20, 2004
Ok so I know this is premature, but lets say that dish releases 942 tomorrow as a leased product. I am already a lease customer with 522. Is SBC going to allow me to swap out 522 for 942, or will they say it's for new customers only.

Here is my dilemma. I currently have 522 (which has its problems) and am thinking of getting an HDTV DLP/LCD/CRT rear projection. The set up I have right now is two Sat's outside of my family room that input to the 522 with two RG-6's then the second output goes into my home wiring and then is split to all the other TV's in my house expect the family room (which is connected via svideo) it would be a fairly easy process to swap out 522 for 942 the only additional thing i would need is a UHF antenna which the guy up the street has and gets all locals.

My only other option is to get an 811 and put the 522 upstairs and run RG 6 through the attic which would work but be much less convenient. Any Ideas on how SBC will treat current customers?

I normally would but since this is not yet possible i was looking for just a thought. Are you really tied to your current reciever for a time period or when the newest latest greatest comes out your free to upgrade?

sdsumann said:
I normally would but since this is not yet possible i was looking for just a thought. Are you really tied to your current reciever for a time period or when the newest latest greatest comes out your free to upgrade?
SBC bought the rights to resell DISH Network, they are not under the same restrictions that other DISH retailers are subject to. SBC can pretty much do as they please so they are the ones that have to answer your questions. Under DISH Networks lease plan you are tied to the equipment until they offer you an upgrade. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)