Scary 622 Issue, Hard Drive Corrupted

texas16309

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
May 22, 2005
Round Rock, TX
So a recording kicked off last night. The audio wasn't include. So, I waited until the show was finished recording before trying anything. I flipped channels (which usually brings back the audio) and nothing. Turned off the receiver by pressing the power button on the remote. Nothing. Then I press and hold the Power button the receiver itself. It reboots and the a prompt comes up that says something to the effect of your hard drive is corrupt and everything must be deleted. I pressed ok to continue as that was my only option. It rebooted again, all the lights blinked and it came back up but the recordings were still there. The My Entertainment thing was grayed out. It was odd.

That is a bug in the current software. I agree that the message is scary but 622 owners should know that the current corruption problem is only on the entertainment programs. When your 622 deletes them all your recorded programs will still be there and won't be corrupt.

Last edited:
I had the same thing happen overnight and about crapped my pants. That could have been bad! But luckily all was there. Whew!

What do you mean by "entertainment programs?" OTA? My OTA recordings look fine but all say "recovered." Would such a bug erase my OTA recordings?

"My Entertainment?"

Same issue for me with one of my 622s. Wife calls in a panic, because she's going to "lose" her shows. Had her go through the steps and didn't lose any recordings.

Crap! 622 HD Corrupted

Came home...turned on my 622 and it says "Your Hard Drive has been corrupted. All data will need to be erased...blah blah blah".

Then it says "Erase Hard Drive" or something similar and asks me to hit the button.

I came home to watch Jericho and thats the only thing I really cared about.

I rebooted the unit without hitting the button and went right into the DVR section while it was searching for the sats.

I'm a good 20 minutes into the program with no problems...has anyone seen this error as being bogus before?

I have a lot of TV watching to do before I turn it off and on again...

I think they carried that little "feature" over from the 522.
They just like to scare you and keep you on your toes once in a while.;)

I activated my new 622 yesterday(replacement for failed HDMI). Right after I ran the check switch, I got the "Hard Drive is corrupted message" on a brand new machine. I know its brand new because its a series J. My old one that I received in July was a series E receiver. It ended up resetting itself 4-5 times, and so far has worked flawlessly after activation(1 day). Kind of funny. I'm starting to think that Dish's engineering department is run by monkeys.....

Saw that on one of my 622 today. After reboot, the HD channel picture jerked for few seconds then became normal. I guess this is Dish way to delete the "TV Entertainment" contents. I guess it just like software update, it applies to group of boxes at a time......

I had it on one of my 622's. I just figured my 622 thought the data was corrupted because both times it was OTA and they were both at full resolution and bit rate!

I had the same issue on BOTH of my 622s. Got scared senseless and proceeded, but thankfully nothing was lost. External Hard Drive please!!!!!!!!!!

Corrupted Hard Disk

When I turned on 622 this morning, I received Error message (760) for "corrupted hard disk" and requested me to delete all recordings. Though I did hard boot and message was gone later, just wondering how it could happen and what to do if it happens again.

So a recording kicked off last night. The audio wasn't include. So, I waited until the show was finished recording before trying anything. I flipped channels (which usually brings back the audio) and nothing. Turned off the receiver by pressing the power button on the remote. Nothing. Then I press and hold the Power button the receiver itself. It reboots and the a prompt comes up that says something to the effect of your hard drive is corrupt and everything must be deleted. I pressed ok to continue as that was my only option. It rebooted again, all the lights blinked and it came back up but the recordings were still there. The My Entertainment thing was grayed out. It was odd.
Same thing happened to me in WA state. "Currupted hard drive" message appeared. I hard-started and ONLY NCIS was damaged, it seems. The others appear to be okay. Dish Service replied with a "we are the leader in satellite technology" spiel. Wow! Their training sessiona must take place in smoke-filled rooms. However, is DIRECT any better?