Scott?

What you mean by going down? Dish may be able to bring down a couple of channels. If you meant lighting up a new channel, well that's a completely different issue :)

As far as going down, Charlie sent me a letter saying my bill won't be doing that! Plus, he's too busy buying up Sirius XM junk bonds to worry about lowly subs.

Plus, he's too busy buying up Sirius XM junk bonds to worry about lowly subs.

We finally get some reality. :eek:

Charlie is one person. He has 24 hours each day just the like the rest of us, including eating, sleeping, etc.

I think that the Sirius XM deal has been occupying a lot of his attention over the past couple of months. Currently, many corporations are very short of money, and those that have money (such as EchoStar) can buy other companies for a fraction of what they would have cost a year or two ago.

So, day-to-day operations are handled by someone else.

There is a whole Programming Department who are the ones dealing with Viacom and News Corp about deals for channels.

I am amazed when people say things like they are upset at "Charlie" for not making a certain channel Free Preview, when the decision was undoubtedly two levels below him and he was likely unaware of the whole situation.

It's not 1997 any more...

We finally get some reality. :eek:

Charlie is one person. He has 24 hours each day just the like the rest of us, including eating, sleeping, etc.

I think that the Sirius XM deal has been occupying a lot of his attention over the past couple of months. Currently, many corporations are very short of money, and those that have money (such as EchoStar) can buy other companies for a fraction of what they would have cost a year or two ago.

So, day-to-day operations are handled by someone else.

There is a whole Programming Department who are the ones dealing with Viacom and News Corp about deals for channels.

I am amazed when people say things like they are upset at "Charlie" for not making a certain channel Free Preview, when the decision was undoubtedly two levels below him and he was likely unaware of the whole situation.

It's not 1997 any more...

If anything, Charlie's attention will be even more diverted as Malone has now entered the arena as a white knight for Sirius. I get the feeling that management at E* cannot act without Charlie's express approval. It's the only thing that makes any sense to me given the decision-making, or lack thereof, that's coming from the executive offices.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)