Screen shot of the 811?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
G

Original poster
Does anyone can upload screenshots of the 811 menus?

thanks

My 811 is on the way now. So I can upload some by this afternoon.

If you have an 30X or 50X receiver the menus look exactly the same except for the HD specific options. So you're not missing much.

Does the 811 have a widescreen guide, or does it stretch it? How about the guide on local channels, it doesn't seem like it provides any information, does it? I don't see why it can't just get the information for the locals that dish offers?

AppliedAggression said:
Does the 811 have a widescreen guide, or does it stretch it? How about the guide on local channels, it doesn't seem like it provides any information, does it? I don't see why it can't just get the information for the locals that dish offers?

No the guide doesn't fill a 16:9 display just 4:3. The digital OTA channels still show Local Digital as the program discription, just like the 6K.

I dont understand why my 510 would stretch to fit my 16x9 screen but the 811 will not. Does this make sense to anyone else and is this what they are talking about fixing? (apect modes)

My TV supports like 7 diffrent formats , stretch, stretch plus, standard, ect, ect. but none of these modes work with the 811 hooked up, I only get the modes the 811 has. But the 510 work's with all of them.. Can anyone explain this?

bmwaaron said:
I dont understand why my 510 would stretch to fit my 16x9 screen but the 811 will not. Does this make sense to anyone else and is this what they are talking about fixing? (apect modes)

My TV supports like 7 diffrent formats , stretch, stretch plus, standard, ect, ect. but none of these modes work with the 811 hooked up, I only get the modes the 811 has. But the 510 work's with all of them.. Can anyone explain this?

If your rig works like mine, if you connect the 811 via either composit or S-Video connections you can then use the aspect ratio controls on the TV to change the format.

If you connect the 811 via the component DVI connections the TV won't change the format, it's up to the 811 to do that. The 811's formating fucntion didn't make it in the initial software release but the buzz is that a new software upgrade will coming out this weekend (unless something breaks in Dish's testing) which will make the 811's format function work. So I'd say to make sure you have your 811 to access updates automatically and power it off via either the remote or the front panel power button so it's in standby and will take any updates that Dish pushes out.

bmwaaron said:

Your second question is likely due to the 510 being hooked up to a 480i input on your TV and your 811 being hooked up to an HD input (720p or 1080i). You will/should get all your aspect modes with the SD input, and only 1 or 2 aspect modes with an HD input (regardless if the content is SD or HD). THe 811 is upconverting non-HD to an HD like signal for the TV. At least this is how my Hitachi works.

Your first question is answered by the same, . . . your 510 is really outputting 480i, and you are likely 'stretching' the input to fill your 16x9 screen. The guide is really a 4:3 guide.

So If I hook up the 811's S video and set it as a seperate imput should it be the same as the 510?

Thanks Rad, now one more Question. What will the new 811 aspect modes and formats fix? And will this solve my screen being off center problem?

bmwaaron said:
Thanks Rad, now one more Question. What will the new 811 aspect modes and formats fix? And will this solve my screen being off center problem?

The software upgrade will bring back the normal, grey bar, stretch, zoom (I forget the other) format modes. As for screen centering there's an ADJUST option in the HDTV setup menu where you can center the image for your set, at least it worked on mine when I did it. Once you're in the option just use the BLUE control keys to move the box around.

rad said:
bmwaaron said:

The software upgrade will bring back the normal, grey bar, stretch, zoom (I forget the other) format modes. As for screen centering there's an ADJUST option in the HDTV setup menu where you can center the image for your set, at least it worked on mine when I did it. Once you're in the option just use the BLUE control keys to move the box around.

So then when the SW updates come out with the new aspect ratios should it make the 811 act more like my 510 even in 1080i mode?

bmwaaron said:
rad said:
bmwaaron said:

So then when the SW updates come out with the new aspect ratios should it make the 811 act more like my 510 even in 1080i mode?

The 510 had NO control over the formatting of your image, that was done by your TV's format function (the TV can change the format for non-1080i imput). Once the new software is installed the 811 will then control the format since your TV can't change 1080i.

Well then that sounds like it will solve my problem although at this point I am thinking about putting my 510 on my bigscreen also (through the s Video) and using it for veiwing normal SD TV since Ive gotten used to the PVR now. Then I will just run a second cable to the master bedroom were the 510 is now (have to remove it anyways because its to noisy and I cant sleep with the HD going all night) and run an antenna cable to the Master Bedroom.

Thanks for all the help

Thanks for all the pic's Scott,

looks like an upgrade from the 6000,has the channel pic
back in the guide like my 3900 had.Sure has alot of closed
caption options.
Thanks again :D

Scott you beat me to posting the pic! I just had my 811 installed this morning and so far everything looks and sounds great! The picture is at least equal to the 6000. I am upconverting the SD and it also looks the same as it did on the 6000. I haven't had much time to play with the OTA yet but so far it looks at least the same. The guide is only going out about 4 hours before it has to download new info. Hopefully this and the aspect modes will be fixed in the new software release.

Also my Pronto remote that I had configured for the 6000 operates the 811 with no problems.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)