SD 105/121 question

webbydude

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Feb 6, 2005
Akron, Ohio, United States
I'm currently using a Sat Buddy for SD installs. Peaking all 3 birds is problematic, at best. Generally speaking, in the case of the 105, I will peak in on the 119 and will have to nudge either the AZ or EL if the 105 doesn't come in strong enough.

Ok, with that said, will a Birddog Meter actually pick up the 105? It would be much, much better if I could see not only the 119 AND the 105 while peaking. By it's design, the 105 won't show up on a Sat Buddy.

The birdog will pick up 105.

For the superdishes I use a accutrac 22. I have found that it works the best, you can peak 105 and 119 at the same time.

For the birdog and other 1 input meters, it may be easier to peak 110 for the 105 dishes and 119 for the 121 dishes. By peaking the middle one the other two fall into place most of the time if everything is set correctly.

p.s . the accutrac 22 is only 100.00

I use the Channel Master 1008. There are many other versions of that out there. With this meter I can peak the 105/121 and the 119 at the same time. Never a problem with it.

I've used the channel master and it's eagle aspen counterpart with success. I've found the best meter for use on the FSS is the Digisat 2, much more sensitive. Cheap too.

You can also use it for DPP lnbs but you need to run power from a receiver to get the lnb to operate.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)