Separator for DVR????

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

cmags

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 31, 2005
i currently have dishnetwork and i am thinking about switching to direct. my questions is can i use similar setup i use for dvr. i have one line from satellite run to a separator into two lines then into the two tuners.from reading old post i see nothing about a separator only that i need two distinct lines. thanks for the help!

Not necessarily. You can absolutely do that with DirecTV. It's called "stacking and destacking". It's expensive, though. stacker/destacker combos can run about $300. However, the new receivers are supposedly going to be able to destack signals internally, so you can do exactly what you are talking about. Stack it from the dish, and then just use a splitter into the receiver.

In short, there's absolutely nothing about what Dish is doing that you can't do with DTV.

Ricky

could i use the same separator that i use with dish. i thinks it called dp-plus.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)