Setting up a dual dish system on SC

icstephen

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 4, 2005
Canton, Oh
Ok I have decided to set up a dual dish system and am almost ready to connect them and align the dishes, my question what in the best way to do this? When I originally set up my system (many moons ago) you used channel 299 for 107 and 298 for 111 (or something like that), however now things are different what is the best channels to set for the 2 sats?

thanks Ice I appreciate it, Now if I can get an ebno above 6.9 that will be great. I am getting on my 75E between 5.7 & 6.9 awfull on a rainy day, but i am going to 2 36" dishes so I am hoping to get allot more.

I would love to get bigger dishes. Since the recent software download, my signal quality in So Cal with the 75E does not seem to cut it anymore. Where did you get the bigger dishes? What are the specs?

I had a garage full of Fortec 90U dishes (36" offset) I bought last year from sadoun ...I was supprised how easy it was to get a signal...alittle tricky to fine tune it but I am getting signals in the 70's now where I was getting low 50s on the 75E. I am not sure of the EBNO yet becouse I was not sure how to get it on the 505 but Im sure it is better than the max on 6.5 that I was getting before on the 75E. I have to say the only complaint I have is that the dishes I am using now do not have a fine tune like the 75E so you have to be slow and gentle when setting it up.

How to find ebno#

ok I have my stuff set up and working and I searched the forum and came up with the following to find ebno numbers (options 6,4,9,7,7) unfortunatly it doesnt work...any suggestions?

Thanks

thanks I got it...I'm now getting between 8.8 &9.5 depending on the channels (that I have checked so far...a far cry better than my 5.5 -6.5 that I was getting with the 75E

I had a garage full of Fortec 90U dishes (36" offset) I bought last year from sadoun ...I was supprised how easy it was to get a signal...alittle tricky to fine tune it but I am getting signals in the 70's now where I was getting low 50s on the 75E. I am not sure of the EBNO yet becouse I was not sure how to get it on the 505 but Im sure it is better than the max on 6.5 that I was getting before on the 75E. I have to say the only complaint I have is that the dishes I am using now do not have a fine tune like the 75E so you have to be slow and gentle when setting it up.

You have the 90cm FC90U, right?
FC090CM 90CM Offset Satellite Dish FORTEC STAR DVB FTA MPEG2 Free-To-Air Receivers and equipment

What LNBF did you use?

I have a 4 x 8 multiswitch I need the 8 outputs since I have 3 DSR530s and 1 DSR 505. Does anyone know how I would combine the two LNBFs from both dishes through the switch to get both sats in each of the 8 outputs?

Did you have a chance to watch TV with the dual dish setup? Did you have sound/picture problems before? How does it look now? I am having problems in Southern California that I hope your dual dish set up could solve.

I am using the U90 fortec dishes (36") and 2 pansat standard dual output lnbf's through 2 22khz switches. I am going from the 75E dish and have seen a 20% increase in signal srength and my ebno went from 5.5-6.5 to 8.8 -9.5 depending on channel/satellite. Chanel switching is quick and PQ is excellent. I am not using any other switches other than the 22khz to switch between sat's. hope that helps

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)