Setting Up Dish1000.2 with Vip622

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Fireball

Original poster
Sep 15, 2009
Colorado
Hello,
I am trying to set up my vip622 receiver with dish 1000.2. When I go into the point dish menu, it doesn't list my dish, only dish 300, 500, and super dish. Which dish should I select? I think I need satellites 110, 119, and 129 and superdish lists 61.5, 110, and 119. Also, what is the best way to set the azimuth and elevation? For the azimuth I just used a compass and the elevation I used the scale on the dish. I did notice the compass seemed to be inaccurate when it was around the dish. And feel free to mention any other helpful hints that will help me install the dish. Thanks.

The point dish screen dosen't list the coordinates for the newer dishes. You can get them here http://www.dishpointer.com

Set the correct elevation and skew on the dish for your zip code. Make sure the mounting post is perfectly plumb and then slowly rotate the dish through the listed azimuth. Make small adjustments and give the receiver time between moves to register any change in signal level. Once you get an acceptable signal you can fine tune the elevation to peak the signal.

You can use a compass to set the azimuth, but it's best to use the angle brackets on the back of the dish as the directional reference, rather than the dish face.

If you have problems getting a signal on all three satellites it sometimes helps to to cover two of the lnb's with foil, assuring that the signal is coming from the correct lnb.

I assume your compass picks up the steel/iron in the dish and mounting pipes and brackets. You would need to be at least 10' from the dish, perhaps to the magnetic north of it, to get the best angle. it would be easier to just get well away from it and any iron railings and then sight the angle to some distant object say a big tree or water tower on your horizon.

You can use the Dish 300 numbers (single LNB) and for the middle 119 LNB on a 1000 or 1000.2 dish. The Dish 500 numbers split the differences on the 110 and 119 LNBs and satellites. Set the skew as given for the 500, my first guess. The 3 LNBs will be on some arc but this should get you close. Align 119 and then tweek (small increment) to bring up the 110 and 129 signals. Make a final adjustment of the skew by making 110 and 129 equal, should not affect 119. You are trying to get all 3 signals the same. Be sure to NOT use a spot beam for comparison.

To be sure you are right to start with, cover the outer (110 129) LNBs with metal foil on the first scan for 119. If the post is not vertical all of this becomes much more difficult.
-Ken

Thanks for the quick replys, so I briefly tried to get a signal this afternoon and was unable to. Do I need to do a check switch or anything on my receiver first? I forgot to mention this, but my receiver used to be hooked up to two dish 500s before I moved. Thanks again for the replys.

Do a check switch with no dish connected to cancel all LNB selection and then each port on the dish will just feed a specific satellite signal to your receiver. When you get the right satellite aimed for the port your connected to, then do a check switch to receive all three sats.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)