setup help

JamesJ

AKA Stuart628
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Jul 21, 2004
Akron (Cleveland), Oh
hey guys, I am new to dish network, I have a install date set for this saturday. I have searched in the forums, but I dont know what angle I want to look for on this. I am getting a 811 reciever for my downstairs, sony RPTV, and I am getting a 625 upstairs in our bedroom, I have dual Rg6 line ran upstairs to the bedroom. I have a single rg 6 run to the living room. I use to have directv, with 4 lines coming from the satellite, to the inside, now I am getting I am guessing (this is where you have to help tell me what equipment and what to do) a dish 500 system, that will look at 119, and 110, and also a second dish that will look at 61.5 (I have a local spanish channel on there that I had to have, even though the Cs tried to talk me out of it, and actually tried to sell me the second satellite for one hundred dollars for my voom programming) I dont know about any switches or anything like that they will need to install so your help would be apperciated in telling me what to expect. Also a little while ago, someone had either a chart or a picture showing where the satellites are located, so that way I can kinda eyeball my current satellite and try to figure out where the 61.5 is located so that way I make sure I can even get my voom programming. and my third and final question, what else should i do have set up that way I make sure the installer comes and has a nice smooth appointment, I like to make them work very little when they get to my house.

Basic install is one cable per tuner. A dual-tuner box like the 625 can share a cable using DishProPlus equipment - but you've already got two feed lines, so cool.

I'll assume you talked them into doing what they are suppsoed to, and that's give you the 61.5 wing dish for free.

If so, it's likely you'll get a DPP-Twin anyway. One feed to a DPP Separator mounted to the back of the 625, the other feed to the 811.

Nice thing is that leaves an unused cable to run the 625's TV2 output back out of the bedroom.

are you saying I dont need the two lines run upstairs? I have a dual rg6 box, and if only one is being used, if I understand you correctly, wouldnt that leave one to say run, to my downstairs box and to the 811 and maybe watch dvr recordings downthere? if that is correct, wouldnt i NEED both lines to be run specificaly to the 625 that way I could use both tuners to say record two shows at once? If I dont need both lines run to record two shows at once, how does that work exactly? I thought with satellite one cable equals one tuner

stuart628 said:
are you saying I dont need the two lines run upstairs? I have a dual rg6 box, and if only one is being used, if I understand you correctly, wouldnt that leave one to say run, to my downstairs box and to the 811 and maybe watch dvr recordings downthere? if that is correct, wouldnt i NEED both lines to be run specificaly to the 625 that way I could use both tuners to say record two shows at once? If I dont need both lines run to record two shows at once, how does that work exactly? I thought with satellite one cable equals one tuner
Except, as I said, with DPPlus technology.

But even without that, there are ways to get the signal back downstairs.

Diplexers. Your installer should know about them.

stuart628 said:
That is true but DishPro Plus put a new twist on that. A DP Plus switch will put the transponder needed by one tuner in the regular frequency range and translate the transponder needed by the other tuner into a higher range. Both are sent down the same RG6 to the back of the receiver where a DP Plus Separator "splits" the combined signal to the 2 tuner inputs.

The 2nd line you have already run can be connected to the 625's TV2 output to run back downstairs or to any other TV in the house. That could be the one the 811 is connected to but you don't need to run it through the 811 since its antenna input will likely be used for OTA.

BobaBird said:
That is true but DishPro Plus put a new twist on that. A DP Plus switch will put the transponder needed by one tuner in the regular frequency range and translate the transponder needed by the other tuner into a higher range. Both are sent down the same RG6 to the back of the receiver where a DP Plus Separator "splits" the combined signal to the 2 tuner inputs.

The 2nd line you have already run can be connected to the 625's TV2 output to run back downstairs or to any other TV in the house. That could be the one the 811 is connected to but you don't need to run it through the 811 since its antenna input will likely be used for OTA.

now is this common knowledge for all installers? this is exactly what I am after! and to tell you the truth, the other antenna input wont be used for OTA because I dont have an antenna up on the roof, and right now I dont know if I want to pay someone 200 to install it!

stuart628 said:
now is this common knowledge for all installers?
No. :(

You should tell the installer you want a DPPlus Twin, with a DPP Separator for the 625.

They may want to charge you extra. It should be no more than $10.

You might want to check your existing cable - it needs to be RG-6, rated for 2150MHz. If it is, then you can tell them you are properly pre-wired. That saves them time and materials.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts