SG2100 changed point of reference?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

TiminMb

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 10, 2005
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Anyone notice that their SG2100 changed its point of reference after they swung it to the extreme limits? To clarify, yesterday i set my receiver to clear limits and pressed move east. After a minute I pressed stop. Thereafter, every satellite was out by 4 nudges in 1.2. Either the motor moved on the pole, which I hope isnt the case, or the SG2100 somehow losts its point of reference, and I had to nudge it 4 clicks west for every satellite.

Mine has lost its zero reference point once before for an unknown reason. I had a frustrating time trying to fine tune the whole arc after losing it (I assumed the dish had moved on the pole) and had just about given up when I looked at where the zero reference was and found it 4 degrees off.

It is possible I did what you did and moved it too far when playing around.

The good news is that I seem to be getting everything as well as ever. I really don't understand how USALS and 1.2 actually work. The manual for the motor makes it sound like coordinates for a number of satellites are factory installed. But where? In the motor itself? Is that where a new setting is saved as well, or it in your receiver and the info is sent anytime you choose satellite 38 for example. Or are the coordinates of satellite 38 stored in the motor, and it just gets told to go to 38 when you call up that satellite?

Using USALS, just simply key in your LONG and LAT into the receiver. The receiver will automatically calculate the rotation degs base on the info you key in (your LONG/LAT and the orbital of the sat).
Dish must be alligned the same way as using Diseqc 1.2
If it's not well alligned, USALS will miss the sat.

The good news is that I seem to be getting everything as well as ever. I really don't understand how USALS and 1.2 actually work. The manual for the motor makes it sound like coordinates for a number of satellites are factory installed. But where? In the motor itself? Is that where a new setting is saved as well, or it in your receiver and the info is sent anytime you choose satellite 38 for example. Or are the coordinates of satellite 38 stored in the motor, and it just gets told to go to 38 when you call up that satellite?

The lower numbered satellites in 1.2 are supposed to be presets. Out of sheer curiousity, I'm wondering where these coordinates are stored, receiver or motor. It sounds like its in the motor, as the motor manual is the one that speaks of these lower stored satellite number.

USALS does work great for me. I use 1.2 to tweak a few that need it. Others are bang on without it.

I use usals on all except 30w and it works fine. Also, wind can knock you off a little. Right now, my dish is off by 2 degrees, but I just changed usals settings by subtracting 2 degrees from usals location and off we go. Not sure why it's off 2 degrees, but it's too cold to fix at the moment, and I don't want to fiddle with it becuase I got the arc better than ever before - that took a long time on a couple of weekends to get it right... now get 60 or more precent on even the weakest tps. That's darn good for a 76cm.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Hey Look what I Found!

Rain Shield

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)