Shane Black’s Predator Sequel Set To “Reinvent Franchise,” Says Producer

whitewolf8214

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
May 13, 2004
Space
Shane Black’s Predator Sequel Set To “Reinvent Franchise,” Says Producer http://news.yahoo.com/shane-blacks-predator-sequel-set-to-reinvent-135817486.html
John Davis, producer of 1987?s original ‘Predator’ and still on board for the in-development revival of the franchise with writer-director Shane Black, has heaped praise on the ‘Iron Man 3? filmmaker’s vision for the much-loved sci-fi action horror series.Black - who had one of his few acting roles alongside Arnold Schwarzenegger in the 1987 movie, as well as doing uncredited work on the script - was announced last year as being attached to a new ‘Predator’ movie, along with his old collaborator Fred Dekker who has been working on the first draft of the screenplay.News has been quiet on the matter since, with Black seemingly monopolised by work on other projects including his next film, detective movie ‘The Nice Guys,’ and a Western TV series, but now Davis tells Collider that it’s all shaping up very nicely:“Shane shot a movie and he’s doing a pilot now, but I’ve read a lot of his script and I think it’s genius. I think it’s genius and I think it’s entertaining, and what it did is recreate a famous franchise in a different, interesting way; looking at it from a different light.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)