Sharing my AWFUL TWC (Dallas) Experience

Buds

Original poster
Dec 21, 2006
I just completed the switch to DirecTV from TWC two weekends ago... I must say, it has been the best decision I have made in a while. Anyways, here is my Time Warner Story as seen on my Better Business Bureau Complaint. Sorry it's long but there was a lot to be said.

My original complaint:

I replaced three cable boxes that had different issues between May 2006 and August 2006. Starting on September 25th, my HD picture was becoming pixelated at random times. I called customer service and they sent a signal to the box that seemed to temporarily alleviate the issue. However, Sunday November 12th, it got real bad. I called support and they tried sending a signal and this time it did not fix the problem. When I said I was going to switch to Satellite TV, the agent attempted to convince me not to do that until he accidentally admitted that he himself has DirectTV at home! The agent told me that he will escalate the ticket and someone would call me back on Monday. Tuesday arrives and no one has called me back. I called and spoke with Ellis (ext. 4280)around 12:45 pm Tuesday 11/14. I explained the problem and then asked to speak to a supervisor. He informed me that his supervisor, Sandra, was heading into a meeting and she would call me back between 2 and 2:30 pm. By 4:15, I had not heard from Sandra. I call and speak with Ellis again and he informs me that she is not at her desk but he will see to it that she calls me by the end of the day. The end of the day comes and I have not heard from Sandra. Wednesday I call and make a service appointment for Saturday (11/18) between 8-11 am. 9 am Saturday I receive a call from a technician, he tells me that he is outside my complex looking at the line and the signal seems low and he needs to have a line technician come out and look at it that day. I never hear from anyone the rest of the day. Come 6 pm, I call to find out if someone actually showed up. I speak with Deidra and after some investigating she tells me that she is waiting to hear back from a tech supervisor and she will call me back within an hour. 5 hours later I still haven't heard from anyone, so I call and speak to an agent. I inform him about everything that has been happening and he does some investigating and finds out that no technician ever came to my house and in fact lied to me over the phone about being outside, he also told me that someone would call me the next day to setup an appointment, I ask to speak to a supervisor and he transfers me, I get a voicemail, leave a message, and never hear back. After no one called me back Sunday and Monday as promised, I call Monday (11/20) and speak with an agent, after going back and forth with him he finally agrees to get a supervisor on the phone. I speak with the supervisor to explain my problems and he absolutely does not care. He was not bothered by the fact that no one returns my calls or calls me back as promised. He did not care that a technician FLAT OUT LIED to me about being at my apartment, he did not care that I was going to file a complaint with the BBB, and he did not care that I was going to cancel my account. He did absolutely nothing to keep me as a customer. He He said he apologized, but those things were in the past and he could only help me with the future. I told him that there will be no future and he assisted me in canceling my account.

I cannot express how many times different agents told me that there was a)no supervisor present or b)the supervisor was busy and c)a supervisor would call me back. Each time I heard this and called back to get a different agent, I would usually get conflicting information. When I mention I wanted to cancel my service, AMAZINGLY a supervisor magically shows up for work... yet the agents dont let me talk to them! I have gone through my phone records and I have called Time Warner Customer Service a total of 21 times from 11/12-11/20 totaling 402 minutes of talk time. That is absolutely absurd!

Time Warner's Last Minute Response (notice no apology):
This issue is resolved. Account has been credited for service interruption in the amount of $34.67 plus 11.95 fee upgrade fee waived.

I rejected their response and had this to say:
[FONT=&quot]BBB REVIEWS CONSUMER REBUTTAL TO BUSINESS RESPONSE : (The consumer indicated he/she DID NOT accept the response from the business.)[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]I appreciate the attempt, however a months worth of free internet does not do justice for the complete disregard for their customers that Time Warner has shown. I am so disgusted by the treatment I have received that I cannot justify accepting this response. As soon as I have time to find a new internet provider, I will no longer be a Time Warner Customer. I will never recommend anything Time Warner sells to any of my family or friends. My father is so disgusted at this treatment that he is going to cancel his Time Warner Service at the end of his contract. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]To them, I am just a number. I am just one of millions of people whom are forced to use their service. However, if they are not careful, they will be struggling to keep their current customers. When I dropped my cable box off to cancel my service, I was the 15th person in line. Of those 15, I counted 10 who cancelled their service. Combine that with the fact that the DirecTV technician who told me that he is overwhelmed with the number of new installs he is having to do, and Time Warner will be hurting and fast. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

Transitions aren't always smooth. But, the grass isn't alway greener. Watch out for your cancellation fee if you ever get fed up with Direct. And get ready to pay for equipment upgrades.

BTW, I'm with Dish and they just raised thier prices and I'm getting ready to go back to cable - once my contract is over that is.

Why did you only have 1 tech scheduled to goto your house since August from august till november.. The person on the phone cant fix your problem, a tech needs to goto your apt. After the first apointment screw up (the tech obviously doesnt care about his job) should of had another one schedule..

I may be missing info from the story but did you have any other techs come out or appointments scheduled?

A tech came out in early October to look at the problem. He told me that he couldnt find anything wrong with the line or signal strength. He also replaced my HDMI box with the old DVI box.

The other times I called to have the problem fixed they refused to send a tech out because sending a signal to the box seemed to temporarily resolve the issue. Finally in November I got sick of hearing this and that's when I had the technician "show up". Hope that clears it up a bit. It's hard for me to keep all of the conversations and appointments straight, i've had so many I can't remember them all! :)

Transitions aren't always smooth. But, the grass isn't alway greener. Watch out for your cancellation fee if you ever get fed up with Direct. And get ready to pay for equipment upgrades.

BTW, I'm with Dish and they just raised thier prices and I'm getting ready to go back to cable - once my contract is over that is.

I am aware of cancellation fees, however even if I get fed up with Direct there is not much left for me to switch to. I will never subscribe to TWC Cable again, so that leaves Dish as my only option.

I don't mind paying for equipment upgrades one bit. I have the newest Direct Dish so I should be okay in that department for a while. As far as the receivers go, I'd much rather pay for the latest and greatest equpment than I would being stuck with some 2-3 year old box for another 2 years (a la TWC).

Interesting that Dish is raising their prices... I thought long and hard about using them, but Direct's two new Satellite launches in 07 convinced me to go with Direct. I was able to lock in my price for a year so I shouldn't have to worry for a while :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)