shawdirect help

Tommyboy

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 25, 2004
I need help on finding out what is the cheapest package I can get to get
Rogers Sportsnet HD,TSN HD and the nets in HD.Right now I have DIGITAL FAVOURITES for $54.99 + 2.99 for hd sports.To get them all is there a cheaper way to get them?

English Essentials / HD Essentials (aka Bronze) $39.99
Sports Pack $4.99
HD Sports $2.99

Grand total of $47.97 + tax

That gets you the HD East & West network feeds, plus all the HD sports channels.

If you dropped Rogers Sportsnet from the list you could get by with
Digital Lite-$23
TSN HD-2.99

That would give you both sets of HD Nets and TSN HD
drawback of the package are cant add ANYTHING other than TSN HD to the package

With the exception of TSN HD, no additional Speciality Choice bundles, Pick 'n' Pay, Movies, or Premiums may be added. A secondary US Network Feed, Choice Radio and Selection Radio are not available for selection.

Channel list
https://secure.shawdirect.ca/english/store/popups/digital_basic.asp

Lite doesnt have all the channels that Essentials has.
Lite doesnt have YTV, Teletoon Retro, MTV, Much, Nat Geo, Rogers Sportsnet
Also on the networks (CBC, CTV, Global) its pretty much a east coast, west coast feed, and the ones not owned by the network.

Sports Pack $4.99
HD Sports $2.99

Grand total of $47.97 + tax

That gets you the HD East & West network feeds, plus all the HD sports channels.

Do I need the Sports Pack for $4.99 to get Rogers Sportsnet HD and TSN HD ?

If you dropped Rogers Sportsnet from the list you could get by with
Digital Lite-$23
TSN HD-2.99

That would give you both sets of HD Nets and TSN HD
drawback of the package are cant add ANYTHING other than TSN HD to the package

That's what I've been subbed to for some time now (basically as a supplement to DirecTV). It was nicer back when Sportsnet was turned on for Digital Basics folks (a mistake which went on for months, until they added HD feeds for each regional Sportsnet).

Okay I am going to change too

HD Sports $2.99
and I think need to pick a 1 U.S network feed and it should be
Spokane on channels 370 371 372 373 374 because I will get
Seattle and Detroit in HD.

Is this the right way to get the most network feeds ?

to select Spokane without having to use a "nets" bundle, you have to be west of Ontario. If you are east, then you should pick Buffalo, which will give you one extra PBS station.

to select Spokane without having to use a "nets" bundle, you have to be west of Ontario. If you are east, then you should pick Buffalo, which will give you one extra PBS station.

Buffalo doesnt exist anymore and you can do Spokane. There's no "rule" on which one you have to pick. I have spokane as my SD locals and I "live" in Ft Frances

You automatically get Detroit & Seattle in HD so for SD do Spokane...unless you really want Buffalo PBS then you have to pick Detroit (with Buffalo PBS)

I just looked and the options are
Detroit...Detroit PBS
Detroit...Buffalo PBS
Seattle..Fox Seattle
Seattle..Fox Spokane
Spokane...Fox Spokane

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    163 KB · Views: 191
Okay I am going to change too

HD Sports $2.99
and I think need to pick a 1 U.S network feed and it should be
Spokane on channels 370 371 372 373 374 because I will get
Seattle and Detroit in HD.

Is this the right way to get the most network feeds ?

yes that is the best option to get the most US nets

tommyboy

when you change it, I dont know how you have your setup if you broker it or its done yourself but I noticed if you add HD sports there are two options
-all the HD sports which ADDS Sports 1 to acct for 5 bucks. This gives you NFL, Golf, TSN2, Score, Speed & OLN
-The "basic HD sports" which is TSNHD, RSN HD, HD Sports.

this is what I get when I click on "HD sports"
Choose OK to add the Sports Bundle or choose Cancel to add just TSN HD, Big Ten Network HD, Rogers Sportsnet HD and HD Sports.

tommyboy

when you change it, I dont know how you have your setup if you broker it or its done yourself but I noticed if you add HD sports there are two options
-all the HD sports which ADDS Sports 1 to acct for 5 bucks. This gives you NFL, Golf, TSN2, Score, Speed & OLN

Choose OK to add the Sports Bundle or choose Cancel to add just TSN HD, Big Ten Network HD, Rogers Sportsnet HD and HD Sports.

Yes, just the basic HD sports i want so i can get the vancouver canucks in HD.
not worry about NFL, Golf, TSN2, Score, Speed & OLN do to i have directv.

thank for all the help. It look like I can save about $17 a mo. this way

tommyboy

Does Shaw Direct work north of Philadelphia?

yep
Shaw works in the whole US

I'm going to fire a few questions if you don't mind....I have D* and with the Versus squabble and MSG HD removed from Center Ice I need to find guarenteed hockey.

Do you know if Bell works in eastern PA?
Are the NHLCI version on Bell and Shaw the same (are the MSG games in HD for example)?
I am from Canada originally...lots of relatives up north...of the two systems which is easier to get equipment down south and operational? Very tech savvy...installed D* dishes and have meter etc.

Any help would be appreciated.

Not to speak on behalf of Iceburg, but I can answer this:

Are the NHLCI version on Bell and Shaw the same (are the MSG games in HD for example)?
Neither Bell nor Shaw will carry MSG in HD. It's only available in the local territories for which MSG/MSG+ is the RSN -- the contract dispute has not been resolved with the NHL, so the HD feeds will not be available via Center Ice on any cable / satellite system.

Bell is converting to a Canada-specific transponder footprint for their HD coverage, so coverage south of the border will be lacking. Bell also carries 4 HD channels for Center Ice, Shaw Direct carries 6 (sort of). The 6 on Shaw Direct consist of 2 dedicated CI channels + 4 Rogers SportsNet channels.

If MSG-HD is a priority for you, then "moving" out east with DirecTV might be your best bet.

tommyboy

Iceberg

If you get Digital Lite do you have access to purchase NHLCI?

You can't add anything to Digital Lite except the $2.99 "HD Sports" option which only gets you TSN in HD. Centre Ice can only be added to the Bronze package or above.

This is what it shows on Digital Lite

With the exception of TSN HD, no additional Speciality Choice bundles, Pick 'n' Pay, Movies, or Premiums may be added. A secondary US Network Feed, Choice Radio and Selection Radio are not available for selection.

This is what it shows on Digital Lite

Which US Network feed do you get in HD with Digital Lite? Do you get Both East and West in HD and then select an alternate SD feed?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)