Should I Keep Home Protection Plan?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

rjfrandle

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 5, 2006
Minnesota
My 18 month commitment is up in February, and with it my 5.99 credit for the Home Protection Plan. My first instinct is to stop the HPP. I have the AEP + HD and spend 128 bucks a month, and I figure if they want to keep me as a customer, they'll make sure my equipment works. Is that too much of an assumption?
I kind of feel like since I am leasing the equipment, and am a high end programming customer, I shouldn't have to pay another 6 bucks a month in case my equipment takes a dump. Is anyone else using the HPP? For those of you that don't have it, have you had to pay them to come and fix anything?

You can always sign up for it when/if you need it and then cancel afterwards.

I live in a condo building, equipped with a Dish 1000 antenna and a Directv Slimline antenna as part of a home-run setup. IIRC, there's at least one that apparently has an employment connection to E*. The D1000 was there first. The Directv antenna was originally a single-LND unit, replaced a couple weeks later with the slimline.

There are also certain circumstances that HPP covers other than equipment failure. It pays to keep the plan. ;) Would you like to deal with home owners insurance if a certain situation arises?

There are also certain circumstances that HPP covers other than equipment failure. It pays to keep the plan. ;) Would you like to deal with home owners insurance if a certain situation arises?

It really doesn't pay... There is no reason to have it till you need it. Then you can add it. Having it when you don't need it is just a waste of money.

I just canceled mine. Many have reported adding DHPP when something goes wrong and then the next day requesting a service call without any issues. I suppose if it really turns into a hassle, you could switch to the other provider and there would probably be some deal for free equipment and install (there always is something). If your DHPP just finished it's 18th month, you're probably about out of contract anyways.

There have actually been many people who have added DHPP and on the same call scheduled a service call...

When I needed service a couple of months ago, the CSR actually asked if I wanted to add the HPP so I could save money. He also stated that I could cancel at anytime after the service was completed. Oh, another kicker, I believe he was AMERICAN also. What are the odds.

I found my owned 921 was out to lunch--blue screen, clunk, and finally nothing. I added DHPP and on the same call asked for a replacement. It arrived and a month later I got around to removing DHPP. I have 622+722+921+AEP+HD+61.5+129+2 750GB EHDs. 622 not getting much use with son away and the 921 is good only when both sat tuners of 722 are in use.
-Ken

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts