Should "Vanished" be vanished from TV?

Sean Mota

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
New York City
Since when does a teenage tells the FBI here is some blood analyze and I will tell you what it is? Since when the FBI lets a teenager maybe suspect just eardropping on their conversation. This program deserves to be canned. Another conspiracy theory show. It seems like Fox has become the conspiracy theory network. This is what they all do. No creativity into something else.

I divx'd the first episode and DVR'd the second last night. I will watch them tonight.

It was Fox who brought us the X Files.

SO remember, the Truth is out there! :)

I watched the first two episodes. Not bad, not great, but ok. I wonder how you spread out a story like this beyond one season though. At least with 24 you know that the day will end.

I will watch it again next week and see how or if it improves. But considering some of the bombs last fall, its not terrible.

Geez, that is NOT a ringing endorsement is it? :)

rockymtnhigh said:
I wonder how you spread out a story like this beyond one season though.
Perhaps they'll do like NBC's upcoming Kidnapped, different case each season. Only the investigators remain each year.

It looks like next week will bring to light more of the mystery. We now know that the Judge is behind the kidnapping. Is this tie to the Masons as well?

I like the show more and more each week. But feel that it is one that I have to be totally focused on when I am watching otherwise, I miss something important!

Sean Mota said:
continue to drop...

Dang.. I really thought the show was good this week too. Now I am hoping they just make this a 13 week "mini-series" and solve the mystery before it gets the axe...

Of course, this scenario would be based on the show actually lasting 13 weeks... and next week is only week 7.

Agent Kelton (sp?) killed in last night episode. The assistant to the Senator is now revealing that he may be part of the conspiracy.

Runaway is actually preaty good...better than vanished. IMO....Something about Fox show and I am not sure what it is but the look funny and it bothers me. Bones has the same 'look' as Vanished and so does Standoff....

Does anyone else know what I am talking about?

Somehow Vanished has been given a second chance. It is being moved to Fridays; not sure what time-slot yet. But it will come back after the Fox baseball hiatus.

Vanished is now scheduled to complete its 13-episode season run; with a season finale on Friday, December 8 at 8:00/7:00c. This is according to Thefutoncritic.com
Uncertain whether it will get a second season; apparently everything hinges on how well it does in the Friday slot.

I am not counting on more than 13, but I hope they can at least wrap the story-line in 13 episodes.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)