Shutdown? Just got deducted Next Month...

mindstein

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 4, 2005
Remember when your screen said that the end of March was the end of Voom? What does it mean when I see deducted from my Visa, money for next month's programming? :confused:

It means that you have paid for a month of programming in advance. I don't think the screen ever had an announcement about the end of March. That announcement was on the Voom website for a couple of days, but did not make it into the Voom menu announcements.

Scott Greczkowski said:
Don't worry VOOM is NOT shutting down. :)

Unless you have some inside information that we do not (retailers), then that cannot really be said. I know that all of the VOOM fans and customers do not want it to go anywhere, and neither do we.....But NOBODY knows for sure what is going on yet. All anybody is able to do right now is speculate.

AxE said:
Unless you have some inside information that we do not (retailers), then that cannot really be said. I know that all of the VOOM fans and customers do not want it to go anywhere, and neither do we.....But NOBODY knows for sure what is going on yet. All anybody is able to do right now is speculate.
Since most of Scott's previous "speculations" came true, I say, let him speculate! ;)

AxE-
I think Scott has the same info I have here. Retailers are usually the last to know stuff. At least that's the way it is around here. I find it funny when one retailer calls me up and asks, "What's up with that?" Sit tight, relax and go have a smoke. :) VOOM is not shutting down in a couple of days. For obvious reasons nothing can be stated officially right now. There are too many conflict of interests charges just waiting to happen if VOOM HD LLC starts tooting it's own horn apart from Cablevision. So enjoy VOOM and be happy. The real question is which satellite we will be watching VOOM on in 6 months and how many bugs we will discover in the DVR. Unfortunately, not even I can answer those two questions. :D

The ironic thing is that with my 3 services I have, VOOM not only has the most HDTV by a factor of 4, but it also has the most reliable signal. I get stutters now on the HDTIVO and the 921, well, what can I say, they just keep making it worse with every one of the latest updates. VOOM has only increased it's channel offering and has at worst an equal picture to the two competitors. But that's just my experience lately. Things could always change.

To Nervous Mindstein: I don't ever recall a screen saying that. We are simply paying for the next month as usual. Calm down. I have seen no official information other than it's business as usual. You are repeating rumour. Relax......watch VOOM.

Tvlman said:
To Nervous Mindstein: I don't ever recall a screen saying that. We are simply paying for the next month as usual. Calm down. I have seen no official information other than it's business as usual. You are repeating rumour. Relax......watch VOOM.
What did the first post say? It was up for about a day.

This thread should be deleted. When I saw the title, I thought someone had been charged for May.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts