signal at about 45%

mander1984

Original poster
Apr 15, 2010
midwest
When our dish network installer hooked us up with Dish network using the eastern arc, we had a signal strength of about 45%. He said that was normal now and the signal didn't need to be in the 90s in order to have a constant good signal. The last couple days, the receptions has had some issues in simple rain. It seems to me that that should not happen if the dish was installed correctly. I assume it should be possible to correctly align a dish to have reception that is around 90%?

Thanks

Not right

When our dish network installer hooked us up with Dish network using the eastern arc, we had a signal strength of about 45%. He said that was normal now and the signal didn't need to be in the 90s in order to have a constant good signal. The last couple days, the receptions has had some issues in simple rain. It seems to me that that should not happen if the dish was installed correctly. I assume it should be possible to correctly align a dish to have reception that is around 90%?

Thanks

45 is a little bit low but not much. 90 is near impossible to get since the change that E* put into effect a while back. I've never had anything higher than in the 70's using .65 meter dish on 72.7, .9 m on 61.5 & .7 m on 77. Now when you are talking about rain is it can drop your SS low enough to loose the signal.

Not a percentage

I have alot of customers that believe that the number on the point dish screen is a percentage. It is not. The number is based on signal quality, signal, strength, compression of signal, etc... 55 in one area might represent 100% whereas 100% might be 60 in another area.

All that being said, I believe that your system could be peaked higher if you are losing signal in light rain.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)