signal issues

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

bryantcombs

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Feb 28, 2008
I am having an odd issue. I have two dual tuner receivers one vip622 in my living room and one vip722 in my bedroom. The receiver in the living room never loses signal and never has a problem. The one in the bedroom has a signal every now and again but for the most part is always at the screen where its at a progress meter going through the transponders and cant find the signal. But at other times it comes in and works just fine. Now I thought of cable issues from the dish or the splitters they install but where its going in and out like that it makes me wonder if it is something with the receiver itself. Have any of you ran into this before, any help would be appreciated.

swap out your receivers and see if the problem stays or follows.
stays=wiring issue
if it follows its the stb

I would flip the wires at the gnd block first. If the problem goes to the other receiver it is a bad port on the dish head. If not it is the receiver.

I also am having a signal issue. I had my hd installed a few weeks ago. I am having random signal losses on recorded programs. My 129 signal is 25. I can change the transponder and get a better signal but dont know how to keep it on that transponder. Is there a way to do that?

Changing the transponder on the check-switch screen does nothing for your overall signal health. It's merely a diagnostic tool to tell you how strong certain sats and transponders are coming in. The channels are pre-assigned by Dish to their respective transponders.

Think of it as a drawer/folder approach. Example: Sat 119 is a drawer, with several folders. In each "folder" are several channels...in this case, "folder" means transponder. I hope that analogy helps.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts