Signal Loss

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

inazsully

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 15, 2010
Sun City West, AZ
I just lost my signal. It's thundering and a little rain. I get the message "Complete loss of signal". This happens pretty often here in the Phoenix area. Is this normal? It seems I've seen subs say they do not lose their signal during rainy weather.

I just lost my signal. It's thundering and a little rain. I get the message "Complete loss of signal". This happens pretty often here in the Phoenix area. Is this normal? It seems I've seen subs say they do not lose their signal during rainy weather.

Depends on the clouds you are shooting thru.

I live in the far end of San Tan Valley (Johnson Ranch area), south of Queen Creek, and have had a few instances of minor pixelation and one instance of complete signal loss this last week. I've only lived here for two months so I don't know much about the density of the cloud cover here but I can say that the signal here seems to be much more stable than what I experienced in Charleston, West Virginia. Like the OP, I'd like to hear the opinions of others in the Phoenix and East Valley area.

It came back on after about 20 minutes. I've lived in this home (Sun City West) for over 9 years and whenever it rains very much the dish goes out. Doesn't seem to mind the heat though, probably because it's a dry heat. Ha.

Your dish is adequately peaked, that is until a storm intervenes, careful peaking of the dish should result in better performance, especially since you are almost directly under 110.

I live in the far end of San Tan Valley (Johnson Ranch area), south of Queen Creek, and have had a few instances of minor pixelation and one instance of complete signal loss this last week. I've only lived here for two months so I don't know much about the density of the cloud cover here but I can say that the signal here seems to be much more stable than what I experienced in Charleston, West Virginia. Like the OP, I'd like to hear the opinions of others in the Phoenix and East Valley area.

Having been here the better part of 40 years, as you know, we have monsoon season from July until October. They come through fast generally. They blow in at 7pm, drop 2 inches of rain in 20 minutes, then clear up and it's sunny again. Only through the worst storms does it rain overnight non-stop and that's maybe like 3 days a year? (Well, depending on the part of the valley you're in). Then you have 2 or 3 days of rain in December at the start of winter, 2 or 3 days rain in March at the start of spring. Other than that you get those oddball times when it will rain like a day or two in January or February, etc. Very rarely does it ever rain all day long like it does normally everywhere else. Although where you are at in the east valley is where the thunderheads actually blow up and hang all evening. We stand here in Phoenix and look out over your house every night saying, "Wow, look at those!" Then wish they would roll in here so we could get some rain? The mountains really direct who gets rain and who doesn't.

We've always cracked up here because we've been in our house for a little over 20 years. We NEVER get a drop of rain unless it's a bad storm (48th St. and Baseline). You can literally drive 2 blocks down the street and see a straight line on the road though where it's wet on one side and dry on the other. So it's kind of funny because someone will say, "You're full of beans, we got dumped on last night!" And they're a quarter mile away. I have a friend Joe in Chandler who always calls me up when it's like that. He'll tell me it's raining so hard that he can't see his car in the parking lot and I'll tell him we're sitting on the patio barbequeing hamburgers and not a drop here. He's like 6 miles southeast of me. So needless to say, his dish goes out fairly often, usually for an hour or so and ours never does.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts