Signal problems and such

Beachbum

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 27, 2005
PBCH, FL
Well, have had Dish Network for maybe a month now, and i'm noticing some things...

Probably a rant more than anything.
I've got two closeted 322's all ran by UHF remotes.
-I have noticed a couple times that I would loose the "signal", but get this, it was on only ONE tuner. One box looses the signal, and the other one keeps on kickn'.
-A couple minutes ago my channel listing thingamobob expired and had to be updated, it notified me that I must update it and I hit yes. It said it would take about 2 minutes to update my channel listings.....10 minutes later no progress at all so I reset it. It searched for signal...and searched.....and searched. Finally it was done and my programming was updated.

I've just been noticing that I have been loosing my signal many times on one receiver! Think its a dud?

Could be cable or switch problem. This is not normal.

Most likely bad 322. I've had to replace cx receiver under similar circumstances.
Dish service charged me for "no problem found", but Cx was happy and problem went away.

You did say it's on only one rec, right?

inwo said:
Could be cable or switch problem. This is not normal.

Most likely bad 322. I've had to replace cx receiver under similar circumstances.
Dish service charged me for "no problem found", but Cx was happy and problem went away.

You did say it's on only one rec, right?
Okay, right now one receiver is on, the other is searching for signal. And this time its the other receiver. I'm pretty sure my dish is not aligned right or something, it just started raining, and it comes and goes. Guess I'll have to have it re-aligned.

Beachbum said:
Okay, right now one receiver is on, the other is searching for signal. And this time its the other receiver. I'm pretty sure my dish is not aligned right or something, it just started raining, and it comes and goes. Guess I'll have to have it re-aligned.
How about telling us your signal strengths for transponders 11 & 12 on 110 & 119 for BOTH tuners (not outputs) and BOTH receivers.

While you're at it, note the values when the weather is good, and then compare when you see rain clouds between you and the satellites.

Hmmm, well it is on one reciever
<attached images>

Looks like 105 ain't what it used to be.... :shocked
Same signal on both recievers.

Attachments

• ok.jpg
    ok.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 139
  • ok2.jpg
    ok2.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 129
  • ok3.jpg
    ok3.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 129
  • ok4.jpg
    ok4.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 130
  • ok5.jpg
    ok5.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 127
  • ok6.jpg
    ok6.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 131
Well, your pics are pretty, but just typing the numbers would've been easier for both of us - and then maybe you would've given what I asked for.

110-11-2 = 104
110-12-2 = 107
119-10-2 = 105
119-11-2 = 108
105-11-2 = 53
105-12-2 = 60

:river I apologize for my ignorance. I am sorry I did not provide the correct information you asked for. :shh :sorry:

Good? Bad? I know most are, but the 105 seems...low. :(

I agree with Dave. 105 signals are notoriously weaker due the them being FSS based. As long as it's at least a 50, then I would feel fine. You will start having problems with it around 40 or 45. At the other extreme, the best I've ever seen a 105 is 83. Had to call up a few of my fellow installers to brag about that one. :yes

Ya. Now that we know it's a 105 SD, and your other strengths are aces, I'll bet you're only having trouble with your locals. No idea what transponder they're on.

Tune to one and then go to Point Dish. Repeat as needed. Note the transponder(s) and track THAT signal strength - the others do not matter to you.

OK, the signals for 119 and 110 are perfect, the 105 is lower than the norm for your area, we have been getting the signal on average of %75 - %85. If your loosing all channels then there is an outside issue such as a faulty switch or a faulty 322. The dish itsself could be retuned by tuning off of the 105 lnbf to bring the signal for that sat up further, doing this will have little to no effect on the other two as I have been doing most of my work down here this way.

Thank you for your input.

I'm suspecting the switch is problematic actually, several times a prompt has came up telling me to run a check switch. I think i'll buy another and see how it goes, I could use another incase of a hurricane taking the current one out, etc.
Get well soon Van!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts