Signal Strength on 129 Sat

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

tcreek

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Dec 23, 2007
North Pole, Alaska
Have a Hopper w/Sling in a travel trailer, using the Traveler Antenna with a DPH 42 switch. Three cables run from the Traveler to the DPH 42. Solo Hub between the DPH42 and HWS/Joey.

Located just north of Houston, Tx.

As you can see by the attached photos, the 129 sat signal levels are quite lower than the 119 and 110 sat levels. Could this be a cabling problem, or a problem with the LNB on the Traveler?

2018-10-19 019.JPG
2018-10-19 018.JPG
2018-10-19 017.JPG

What skew setting are you using? For N. Houston it should be 124.7 degrees for the western arc. If you reset it, you'll likely need to tweak on the elevation a little as well to find the best balance.

What skew setting are you using? For N. Houston it should be 124.7 degrees for the western arc. If you reset it, you'll likely need to tweak on the elevation a little as well to find the best balance.

Using a Traveler, so can't adjust anything. It does the search for the sats.

Those are not very good numbers for your location on 129. I'm not far from you and my 129 numbers are much higher. Are you sure you don't have some interference, like a tree limb. If there is a tree limb to the west of the dish, even if it appears to be higher, it may be compromising your signal.

Reactions: pattykay
Those are not very good numbers for your location on 129. I'm not far from you and my 129 numbers are much higher. Are you sure you don't have some interference, like a tree limb. If there is a tree limb to the west of the dish, even if it appears to be higher, it may be compromising your signal.

Wide open sky. Beginning to think may have a bad cable or connection.

Reactions: pattykay

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)