Signal strength/service call question

kpeercy

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 19, 2004
I get most of my channels from 110 and 119, but also get 129 for Voom and the new channels just launched today. I have a Dish 1000. My 129 signal strength is in the 40's, 50's and 60's depending on weather. This causes the channels frequently to break up or lose the signal all together. Will a service call to repoint the satellite help out? What will it cost me? I like in Kentucky if it makes any difference on viewing the 129. Thanks.

dude, there is nothing you can do. dont waste your money having a tech come out and please don't call a csr and make a trouble call it's killing us. if you really want a better signal invest in a bigger dish.

I would think your 129 signal should be higher in kentucky. Here in illinois I consistently get 80's for 129 on a dish 1000. What I don't understand is why many techs insist on peaking a dish 1000 for 119, the middle satellite. WTF? You know 129 is going to be the weak spot, peak the damn dish on 129! 119 and 110should still fall into place with a signal in the 90's.

That being said, maybe you have a line of sight issue for 129. If you can, point a seperate dish at 61.5. The signal there is much higher than on 129, and it carries all the HD content.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)