Signal Strength

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Ray S

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 7, 2003
Central NJ
100.4 & Signal Strength

I had a Eastern Arc Dish, 100.4, installed today. The signal for 61.5 is 45, the signal for 72.7 is 36 and the signal for 77 is 19. I have a 622, 722 and 211 which are all reporting about the same signals.

I have a dish 501 connected to two Dish 500 which receive 110, 119 and 61.5. The signal strength for 61.5 is about the same as the Eastern Arc Dish. The signal strength for 119 and 110 is 75.

Are the signals from 72.7 and 77 too low and will that mean that they will more likely be affected by rain and snow fade. The installer took about a half hour trying to adjust the dish. The line of site is clear. Are these signals normal for where I live?

Where can I find which channels are assigned to each of the Eastern Arc satellites? The installer said 77 west is music channels.

Last edited:
it depends man in mo. are hd locals come on the 77 orbit but here the signals are lower on east arc compared to west when it first came out and we were installing had lots of signal issues but they been uping the signal levels those are kind of low but dont know for your area for here they are in upper 40 for 77orbit and depending on transponder on 72.7 around 60 or 55

You should be getting between 60 - 70 on the 72.7 sat . I get in the 50s on the 77 sat. On the 61.5 sat you will get anywhere from 45 to a high of 70 . But the 61.5 sat is different on just about every transponder. But there are two sats at 61.5 & that could be the cause of the differences.

But it looks like to me that he didn't peak your dish right at all. You are going to suffer from serious rain fade . You need at least 50 or greater to be peaked properly ,except on spot beams of course. I am in southeast Texas near Houston. I get the following strengths on 61.5 sat:

01) 0
02) 59
03) 64
04) 0
05) 68 spotbeam
06) 0
07) 0
08) 56
09) 58 spotbeam
10) 60
11) 57 spotbeam
12) 0
13) 45 spotbeam
14)70
15) 0
16) 45
17) 0
18) 0
19) 45
20) 46
21) 53
22) 50
23) 50
24) 53
25) 53
26) 0
27) 50
29) 60
30) 40
31) 50
32) 47

Different meters. DISH redid all their meters so that 50 - 75 are considered the normal spot for good signal strengths. They did this for their installers so that the signal strengths would be standard across all the different receivers they have. Another member said if you add 30 points to every transponder reading it would be like it used to be and the way Directv does their meter readings. DISH really needs to change their meter screens so they no longer read to 130. Just show between 0-80.

Locals on spotbeams come in real strong. High 60's.

They should come in good for you area so you don't lose your locals when it rains. But your conus transponders for national channels are very low and you will lose them whenever it rains. Even your readings on 72.7 are extremely low. THat is a brand new satellite up there and it is strong in the 60's. You should at least be at 50 are greater on all your sats.

If you notice on the 61.5 sat I do have some 45s . That is because of the two older satellites up there are having problems. Recently I lost transponder 18 and it went from 59 down to 0. They had to move the channels to another transponder. That is why they put the new hd channels launched a week or two ago , on the 72.7 sat.

Next year I believe they are launching a new sat to replace the failing sat at 61.5 . They are even moving an older sat to replace the one sat that is having the worst time. Should be there sometime this next month. Then the strengths might be greater on that sat. I hope that then the 45s will turn into 50 are greater.

My advice to you is to get your dish re-peaked. As I said in my other post, you should get between 60 -70 on the 72.7 sat. Your sat at 77 should be in the 50s if you can get it that strong in the northeast. The 61.5 strengths are posted .

I am having Dish come out Saturday morning and adjust my Dish.

My installer had eight scheduled visits last Sunday and five more after me. He came at 11:45 and left at 2:30. He had difficulty with one of my DVR's because one of my cables was bad. He was in a rush as it was. He said he has nothing during the week and gets busy on the weekends. But he said several of his technicians didn't come in to work. These new channels and the installation of the new dishes is creating quite a work lode for them.

I hope my they can increase my signal strength.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts