Member of the Month - July 2014!
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 20, 2005
Northern VA
Dish Programming Prices and Fees as of February 1, 2006

Qualified Programming Packages

add locals to any of the below for ($5.00)

AT Programming Packs (without locals)
Family Pack $19.99
AT60 $29.99
AT60+ $34.99
AT120 $39.99
AT180 $49.99
AEP $84.99

DishHD Programming Packs (without locals)
DishHD Bronze $49.99
DishHD Silver $59.99
DishHD Gold $69.99
DishHD Platinum $99.99

add DishLATINO to any above for $12.49 (pack is called DishLATINO Bonus)

DishLATINO Programming Packs
DishLATINO......................$24.99
DishLATINO Plus................$29.99
DishLATINO Dos.................$34.99
DishLATINO Max................$44.99
DishLATINO Everything.......$84.99

Add HD channels to DishLATINO Plus and above for $20, package name becomes DishLATINO HD Bronze etc...

Great Wall TV
Great Wall TV........$29.99
Great Wall TV HD...$49.99

add locals to any of the above...$5.00

Other and Ala-Carte Programming
(not qualified programming)

Locals $5.99
HD Stand Alone Pack $29.99
Superstations $5.99 or $1.50 each
PBS $1.50
Multi-Sports Pack $5.99 (All RSN's; Does not include professional sporting events)

Premium Movies
Cinemax..........$11.99
HBO...............$14.99
Showtime........$11.99
Starz..............$11.99
Or any two of the four for.....$22.99
Or any three of the four for...$30.99
Or all four for......................$37.99

Dish Network Value Pak
(availalbe when subscribed to AT120,Dish HD Silver, Latino Dos or higher)
(pick from two of HBO,Cinemax,Starz,or Playboy)........$20

Fees

Additional receiver fees for owned receivers
SD Receiver Access Fee $5
HD Receiver Access Fee $6

Additional receiver fees for leased receivers
(For receivers aquired under the DHA Promotion ONLY the fee on the first receiver on an account is waived, if 1 receiver is an HD, that will be considered the primary receiver)
(all leases require qualified programming and DishHD if upgraded to a Dish HD receiver)
SD Receiver Lease Fee $5
HD Receiver Lease Fee $6 (211,411,622)

HD Enabling Fee $6 (charged for each 411,211,622;waived if subscribed to a DishHD package or if you call dish to disable HD functionality)

Service Access Fee $6 (waived for all Qualified programming packages, Family, AT, Latino, DishHD, Great Wall)

Dual Tuner Fee $5 (waived for each dual Tuner receiver continuosly connected to a phone line)

DishPlayer DVR Fee $5.98 (charged for DVRs 510,522,622,625,921,942; waived if subbed to AEP, HD Platinum, or Latino EP)

Equipment Installations and Upgrades

Over-the-Air antenna installation available for $50 to receive digital/analog locals over the air

Dish Receiver Upgrades / Promotions

New Customers - Digital Home Advtange
Vip 211/411 - $49 Lease Upgrade
Vip 622 - $299 Lease Upgrade
Additional 625 Receiver - $99 Upgrade

-Commit to 18 months and receive a $49 credit on the first bill and free DHPP for 18 months. Cancellation of this commitment is $13.33 * the amount of months remaining on the commitment.

-Subcribe to minimum of AT120, Dish HD Silver, Dish Latino Max, Dish Latino HD Bronze, or Great Wall HD and receive a $10 credit for 10 months!

Existing Customers - Dish'n it Up!
Vip 211 - $49 Lease Upgrade, if you currently have any receiver
Vip 622 - $299 Lease Upgrade, if you currently have any receiver
Vip 622 - $99 Lease Upgrade, after a $200 rebate when you upgrade after April 1st and currently have a 942 or 921

(Note you will only be able to upgrade to 1 MPEG4 receiver, so choose wisely, any more you want will have to be purchased)

Other Resources
Dish Network DHA Agreement

Last edited by a moderator:
navychop said:
Extra recvr fee.....$4.99 Per receiver after first one. Waived for AEP or HD Platinum.
Lease fee............$5.98 Does not apply if you own your receiver

Isn't this an either/or situation? If you lease, you pay the lease fee but don't pay the extra recvr fee. If you own, you pay the extra recvr fee but obviously don't pay the lease fee.

Slaylock said:
Isn't this an either/or situation? If you lease, you pay the lease fee but don't pay the extra recvr fee. If you own, you pay the extra recvr fee but obviously don't pay the lease fee.

Yes you are correct. I have a 625 & 811 and I only pay the extra receiver fee. The lease fee on the first receiver is considered to be included with the package.

I believe you are correct, and have modified the post. Does the new version look more accurate?

navychop said:
HD fee.....................$5.98 Applies if you have an MPEG-4 receiver but do not sub to any HD pack

Is there HD fee if you have 942 MPEG-2 receiver without HD pack?

Another pricing option to consider:
I own 811 and subsribed to the old HD pack+Voom only ( $10+$5+$5(fee))=$20.
I want to add 211 ( regardess of ownership - leased or own) Will I still pay $20 (+$6 extra receiver fee) or such an addition automatically brings me to the new pricing schema - ($29.99+$6 fee+$6 extra receiver fee)?
If it is still old pricing ($20+$6 extra receiver fee) what would happen if if drop 811? Will it be $20 or ($29.99+$6 fee)?

nospam said:
Another pricing option to consider:
I own 811 and subsribed to the old HD pack+Voom only ( $10+$5+$5(fee))=$20.
I want to add 211 ( regardess of ownership - leased or own) Will I still pay $20 (+$6 extra receiver fee) or such an addition automatically brings me to the new pricing schema - ($29.99+$6 fee+$6 extra receiver fee)?
If it is still old pricing ($20+$6 extra receiver fee) what would happen if if drop 811? Will it be $20 or ($29.99+$6 fee)?

I was told that any addition of the MPEG-4 receivers will require activation of one of the "New" HD Packages. It kind of stinks, though, since you'll only be able to see the NEW channels on the 211, not on the 811.

I’ve made a few suggested changes.

We need to clarify- is the extra receiver fee waived for owned AEP/Plat, or not?

And the extra receiver fee now varies depending upon whether it’s SD or HD?

I wasn’t too sure how popular the SuperStations were, but I went ahead and added it. I doubt I’ll be adding Great Wall, but you tell me- popular with forum readers?

Rolodoc- I believe the HD fee only applies to MPEG-4 receivers, so it would not apply to the 942. But this could be “clarified” later by Dish, or expanded to cover more receivers.

I believe Weezknight is correct. No metallic pack, no ViP211.

Many thanks to all of you for your help.

Last edited:
navychop said:
We need to clarify- is the extra receiver fee waived for owned AEP/Plat, or not?

And the extra receiver fee now varies depending upon whether it’s SD or HD?
I believe that the extra receiver fee can NOT waived, even with AEP/Platinum.

It does appear that the extra receiver fee is higher for HD, but don't hold me to that.

I made some changes to the post.

I had all most of this stuff sticked and locked.

But you can find it all on dishnetwork.com and the fees are listed in the residential agreement

Thank you for the assist. I, personally, find it most difficult to get all of this info from the Dish web site, which is why I am trying to put it all in one spot. Whether it is best in the general Dish forum or in the Dish HDTV forum is an open question.

The info in the residential agreement does not match what we’ve posted here. For example: “Additional Outlet Programming Access Fee (monthly, per each tuner after first):$4.99 DISH Network DVR Service Fee (monthly, per Digital Video Recording receiver):$4.98 Equipment Rental Fee (monthly, per leased receiver)$5.00”. I suspect the residential agreement needs updating.

I’d like to add info on OTA fees, if we can ever get that straight.

Here's my simplified Dish pricing list:

robbery.jpg

BFG:

Since post 2 of this thread contains most of post 1 above- how about add the few things in post 1 here that are not in your thread, and close this one? And maybe add some DHPP info- does it really kick in after 18 months on lease? Why should we pay "insurance" when the property is owned by Dish?

navychop said:
Extra SD recvr fee.....$5 Per receiver after first one. Does not apply to leased units. Waived for AEP or HD Platinum.
Extra HD recvr fee.....$6 Per receiver after first one. Does not apply to leased units. Waived for AEP or HD Platinum.

Can you provide a link for this? I have never seen them waive the extra receiver fee for any package. They certainly never waived any receiver fees for me when I had AEP and I would be surprised if they start now. I would like to be wrong though.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)