Simultaneous recordings on Directv Stream

Mr Tony

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 17, 2003
Mankato, MN
Dumb question

I assume that you can record as many shows at same time with no issues on Directv stream? I know other streaming services I've tried (frndly, philo, sling) that is possible but wanted to make sure Directv Stream is same way

(back story....we get internet and IPTV cable included in our rent and they are upgrading us to fibre and switching us to Directv Stream. Consolidated stopped offering IPTV cable a while ago but still allow folks to keep it. We could only record 2 shows at once. We are getting 2 Directv C71's but its nice to use my Roku also)

This may help you, from the D* Stream help page ...

"when you are home you're entitled to 20 concurrent streams on any kind of device phone tablet tv etc away from home you can stream onto three devices including up to two TVs "

This may help you, from the D* Stream help page ...

"when you are home you're entitled to 20 concurrent streams on any kind of device phone tablet tv etc away from home you can stream onto three devices including up to two TVs "
That is the number of concurrent streams allowed and not related to the number of shows you can record at once. The shows are not stored locally. As far as I know, there is no limit.

I assume their DVR is similar to YTTV, where you can record everything on every channel 24 hours a day, every day.

Now finding things to record is a different story, so many reruns.

I assume their DVR is similar to YTTV, where you can record everything on every channel 24 hours a day, every day.
Hope not. I like the fact I can just record new episodes on Sling. That was my biggest gripe with YTTV. I don't need 108 episodes of "The Top Ten Revealed" (its on Axs) when I've seen all of them. I just want the new shows.
At least Philo sorted them by season so the newest was on the far right (you scrolled back to earlier episodes)
Frndly and Sling you can record just new or all.

You can record as many channels at the same time as you want. No limit.
Thats what I figured. Now to figure out if they will give us all of the Big 4 nets
Mankato, MN does not have an ABC station so they (cable and satellite) pipe in KSTP from Minneapolis. When I go on the D* stream site and put in my zip it shows NBC, CBS, FOX, and PBS. Hoping they give us ABC too as the PBS is from MInneapolis

Thats what I figured. Now to figure out if they will give us all of the Big 4 nets
Mankato, MN does not have an ABC station so they (cable and satellite) pipe in KSTP from Minneapolis. When I go on the D* stream site and put in my zip it shows NBC, CBS, FOX, and PBS. Hoping they give us ABC too as the PBS is from MInneapolis
Odd. The 56001 zip code has several more stations than the 56002 zip code.

Odd. The 56001 zip code has several more stations than the 56002 zip code.
56002 is only for PO Boxes
56001 is for all of Mankato
56003 is North Mankato

When I put in all 3 zip codes I get same channels. CBS, FOX, NBC, PBS
Note 56001 gives an option of Le Sueur County, Blue Earth or Nicollet. Mankato is in Blue Earth and a smidge in Nicollet. I don't think any is in Le Sueur County which is the Minneapolis DMA