Sinclair stations set to go dark on 9/27

dodger72

dodger72

SatelliteGuys Pro
Lifetime Supporter
Jun 17, 2009
Anderson, California, United States
Got up today and my local station had a crawl saying it is being dropped by AT&T next Friday Directv also had a slate about it funny thing is it only mentioned the local ABC and MYTV station and not FOX which is also owned by Sinclair

Reactions: Howard Simmons
osu1991

osu1991

SatelliteGuys Master
Sep 4, 2004
Broken Arrow, Oklahoma
This afternoon, I saw a placard and an ad on KTUL in Tulsa on the OTA feed saying to call and tell Directv and Uverse you would be switching providers if KTUL was removed. :rolleyes: I'd send them a dollar if I didn't have to hear those BS with Boris spots everyday during all the newscasts.

Howard Simmons

Howard Simmons

SatelliteGuys Pro
Lifetime Supporter
Jun 25, 2018
Northwest Florida
Got up today and my local station had a crawl saying it is being dropped by AT&T next Friday Directv also had a slate about it funny thing is it only mentioned the local ABC and MYTV station and not FOX which is also owned by Sinclair
We have the same problem down here in the Mobile-Pensacola area. The ABC station in Pensacola is using the scrawl and their website about the dispute but the NBC station in Mobile has nothing on either the tv or their website but both are owned by Sinclair.

Geronimo

Geronimo

Supporting Founder
Supporting Founder
Lifetime Supporter
Sep 9, 2003
I sa w this listed under "New Posts". I just assumed it was about DISH. I guess i need to get used to the new normal where it could be either satellite provider.

T

texasbrit

SatelliteGuys Pro
Pub Member / Supporter
Apr 12, 2006
the nbc station is not owned by Sinclair just operated by them, so it would not be blacked out. I suspect the same applies to the other stations, if you check I think you will find Sinclair does not own them.

M

mikew

Supporting Founder
Supporting Founder
Sep 7, 2003
Las Vegas, NV
It's pretty awful. They run it for two full minutes each time they scroll. I watch OTA so I could care less about their disputes, but the crawl is nothing short of annoying.

Jimbo

Jimbo

SatelliteGuys Master
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 14, 2005
NW Ohio - Buckeye Country
Can’t even watch tonight’s football game in peace OTA. Every 10mins a scroll to call directv and uverse to complain runs across the screen.
With your ANTENNA ?
Why would you be seeing this ?

Unless its on the Channels call to obstruct your viewing.
Which game are you trying to watch ?

osu1991

osu1991

SatelliteGuys Master
Sep 4, 2004
Broken Arrow, Oklahoma
With your ANTENNA ?

Because it’s abc and the OTA feed is what all the providers use. It was on OTA, Cox, YTTV, Dish and Suddenlink in addition to those uninformed ATT Directv and ATT Uverse subs.

T

texasbrit

SatelliteGuys Pro
Pub Member / Supporter
Apr 12, 2006
It's the only place it can go. For most stations, all the providers receive the OTA signal.

L

linus259

SatelliteGuys Family
Aug 29, 2005
If they go dark, I wonder if Directv will give out an LCC. I have several channels on the list.

Reactions: whitewolf8214
Blackloz

Blackloz

SatelliteGuys Pro
Aug 22, 2009
Minot,ND
I’ll have to double check our stations here in ND

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

M

mikew

Supporting Founder
Supporting Founder
Sep 7, 2003
Las Vegas, NV
With your ANTENNA ?

The channels are running the crawl preemptively. All viewers see it, regardless of if they are OTA, Cable, Dish or DirecTV.

Jimbo

Jimbo

SatelliteGuys Master
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 14, 2005
NW Ohio - Buckeye Country
Well, I have NBC on tonight watching the NFL game ...
Well have to pay attention enough to see if they put thier warning on the screen.