Sinclair stations set to go dark on 9/27

This afternoon, I saw a placard and an ad on KTUL in Tulsa on the OTA feed saying to call and tell Directv and Uverse you would be switching providers if KTUL was removed. :rolleyes: I'd send them a dollar if I didn't have to hear those BS with Boris spots everyday during all the newscasts.

Got up today and my local station had a crawl saying it is being dropped by AT&T next Friday Directv also had a slate about it funny thing is it only mentioned the local ABC and MYTV station and not FOX which is also owned by Sinclair
We have the same problem down here in the Mobile-Pensacola area. The ABC station in Pensacola is using the scrawl and their website about the dispute but the NBC station in Mobile has nothing on either the tv or their website but both are owned by Sinclair.

I sa w this listed under "New Posts". I just assumed it was about DISH. I guess i need to get used to the new normal where it could be either satellite provider.

Reactions: Howard Simmons
the nbc station is not owned by Sinclair just operated by them, so it would not be blacked out. I suspect the same applies to the other stations, if you check I think you will find Sinclair does not own them.

It's pretty awful. They run it for two full minutes each time they scroll. I watch OTA so I could care less about their disputes, but the crawl is nothing short of annoying.

Reactions: Howard Simmons
Saw a tv notice yesterday on the Tennis Channel and said could be off directv soon.

And an 800 number to call and to voice your outrage.

There might have been another tv channel mentioned that could be gone too, on the tv commercial I can't recall.

Seems another day another channel.

My CBS local appears to be also on the list of channels (probably sinclair) to be gone.

Saw a tv notice yesterday on the Tennis Channel and said could be off directv soon.

And an 800 number to call and to voice your outrage.

There might have been another tv channel mentioned that could be gone too, on the tv commercial I can't recall.

Seems another day another channel.

My CBS local appears to be also on the list of channels (probably sinclair) to be gone.
This is all part of the Sinclar potential dispute coming up, as they own the Tennis channel.

Can’t even watch tonight’s football game in peace OTA. Every 10mins a scroll to call directv and uverse to complain runs across the screen.
With your ANTENNA ?
Why would you be seeing this ?

Unless its on the Channels call to obstruct your viewing.
Which game are you trying to watch ?

With your ANTENNA ?
Why would you be seeing this ?

Unless its on the Channels call to obstruct your viewing.
Which game are you trying to watch ?

Because it’s abc and the OTA feed is what all the providers use. It was on OTA, Cox, YTTV, Dish and Suddenlink in addition to those uninformed ATT Directv and ATT Uverse subs.

It's the only place it can go. For most stations, all the providers receive the OTA signal.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)

Latest posts