Sinclair warns of 112 channels being dropped by DISH next Monday (8/16)

WPBN in Traverse City is currently showing Charge which is usually on 7.3 on 7.1. This is what you also see on Dish. The same can also be watch on 29.1 which dose not carry charge

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Same for the Flint, MI DMA -- yesterday 46 WBSF CW changed to Charge and today 25 WEYI NBC and 66 WSMH FOX changed to Charge as well. All are Sinclair stations. The guide data shows the original programming for CW, NBC and FOX but all three are showing the same Charge content. Is Sinclair playing games?

EDIT: At 8PM EDT, they all switched back to their respective programming.

Last edited:
Our anchors this. Morning finally admitted that Sinclair had been hacked. It affects 2 stations here. They're can't use any news feeds outside their stations only local.
Our local Sinclair outlet here apparently got things straightened out enough to add Sinclair's right wing "The National Desk" segments to the local news. :(

Same for the Flint, MI DMA -- yesterday 46 WBSF CW changed to Charge and today 25 WEYI NBC and 66 WSMH FOX changed to Charge as well. All are Sinclair stations. The guide data shows the original programming for CW, NBC and FOX but all three are showing the same Charge content. Is Sinclair playing games?

EDIT: At 8PM EDT, they all switched back to their respective programming.

WBSF and WSMH FOX are back to Charge again.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Reactions: cummingsje
WBSF and WSMH FOX are back to Charge again.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys
That's ok, FOX 66 has been broken off and on for the past year. OTA via 4 different sources, Dish local channel sporadically pixelate with sound going out. My brother who lives 15 minutes away has said the same thing. I emailed the station and never got a response.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

Reactions: charlesrshell
Dish and Sinclair have agreed to another one week extension, this one lasts until Oct. 28.

I suspect the ransomware attack may be keeping them too busy to negotiate right now. Our local Sinclair owned CBS outlet is still not showing any local ad feeds from Sinclair. The only ads we see are on network or syndicated programming, with no local advertisers. The local news programs are showing a scenic video loop with music during the ad breaks.

I suspect the ransomware attack may be keeping them too busy to negotiate right now. Our local Sinclair owned CBS outlet is still not showing any local ad feeds from Sinclair. The only ads we see are on network or syndicated programming, with no local advertisers. The local news programs are showing a scenic video loop with music during the ad breaks.
I do believe that is the case.

Interesting nugget in the article - the very bottom talks about how important it is for Sinclair to get the RSN's back on Dish because that would bring in $400 million for Sinclair. I assume that means per year. If that is the case, that is about $33-$34 million per month; and last earnings report (through June 30) had Dish at 8.55 million customers. Let's say their down to 8.4 million by the time the Sinclair deal is official. If you spread that cost over all customers (even if they don't get a Sinclair RSN) that is between $3.92-$4.04 per month per subscriber. You have to wonder if the $5.00 increase across the board a couple months before they normally have it is tied to this.

I suspect the ransomware attack may be keeping them too busy to negotiate right now
How do you figure? I do not believe the negotiators and the cybersecurity folks are the same individuals. If they are, then "shoestring budget" hardly covers Sinclair's operation.

How do you figure? I do not believe the negotiators and the cybersecurity folks are the same individuals. If they are, then "shoestring budget" hardly covers Sinclair's operation.
How many of the Sinclair legal staff do you suppose are tied up dealing with advertiser contract complaints due to their ads not being shown on the many local stations they own or control? Sinclair has to be losing millions from this attack. Putting the Dish negotiations on hold temporarily is an easy decision while the top brass and others deal with the attack issues.

Interesting nugget in the article - the very bottom talks about how important it is for Sinclair to get the RSN's back on Dish because that would bring in $400 million for Sinclair. I assume that means per year. If that is the case, that is about $33-$34 million per month; and last earnings report (through June 30) had Dish at 8.55 million customers. Let's say their down to 8.4 million by the time the Sinclair deal is official. If you spread that cost over all customers (even if they don't get a Sinclair RSN) that is between $3.92-$4.04 per month per subscriber. You have to wonder if the $5.00 increase across the board a couple months before they normally have it is tied to this.

it says the deal could mean $400 million in additional revenue. That could include the additional revenue from commercials as well and not just the revenue from the DISH deal.

Or it could be $400 million for the length of the contract. Assuming three years, that would be $11 million per month. Spread over all customers, that would be $1.30. If the contract is longer, the price goes down.