Single dish for international and HD programming

Status
Please reply by conversation.

mjosephi

Original poster
Mar 19, 2009
denver
I would like to inquire whether a single dish solution exists that can receive both american HD channels and international programming.

Right now I can received standard definition programming and international programming with a single dish.

Thanks,
-Michael

I believe International programming is on the sat at 95 degrees. I don't know if the dish geometry would allow getting 95 along with 99, 101, and 103. However, the AU-9 dish does have an open space that looks like it could receive an additional LNB, possibly for 95.

I would like to inquire whether a single dish solution exists that can receive both american HD channels and international programming.

NOT currently, but it's going to be a moot point within a year anyway - all international prog is supposed to be moving from the 95 bird to the 110 or 119 birds, so then you WILL be able to receive everything with a 5LNB slimline.

NOT currently, but it's going to be a moot point within a year anyway - all international prog is supposed to be moving from the 95 bird to the 110 or 119 birds, so then you WILL be able to receive everything with a 5LNB slimline.
So soon we'll be able to get international programming without a funky world dish? I'd like to get Jadeworld on my Slimline SWM9...

Thank you all for the replies.

So right now I would need the funky 36" world dish and what other dish?

-Michael

you would need a funcky 36' dish and a sl3 or sl5 kaku dish with a 6x8 multiswitch and the cable that is going into the international lnb has to go to flexport 1

The question that needs to be asked is..which international programming are you looking for? Some of it, yes, you can get with HD on a slimline.

I am interested in the greek channels.

The other question I had is if the international channel dish just points to 95 why does it need to be so big. If other international channels are on other birds can't the slimline pick them up?

Thanks,

-Michael

I don't think the greek channels are on 110 or 119, meaning you'll need an additional dish. IIRC 95 is not a DBS satellite but is instead an FSS satellite. Regardless, the slimline can't pick it up because it is too far east of the other satellites. The dishes are designed to pick up certain birds while being as small as possible. I believe they are working to get off of 95, but for now you'll need two dishes.

jadeworld is currently on 119
What about the Mandarin Direct III? That's actually what I'm looking to get. I got the 2 packages confused. I'm not throwing down $35 more on my bill so my wife can watch 5 channels. $20 for 4 channels is more acceptable for me.

I did some more research and it looks like it's still on the 95... :( Guess my wife has to wait a little while longer.

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)