Single Mode now working on L201 software

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Joe236

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Dec 11, 2003
As I posted in another thread the Single mode is now working. By pressing the PIP button it brings up what channel was playing on tuner 2. And you can press the PIP again to make it a larger window. Press the position button to move it around on your screen. 9 different positions to chose from for your PIP window. Press SWAP to change to the other program to view it. Will post if I find anything different. If you want me to try anything I will try if I know how to do it.

I am not for sure but looking at the Phone setup you can now select if your phone type is Touch or Rotary and if you have to access an outside line you can select no prefix or enter a prefix for the outside line.

Pardon the pics....got a new digital camera today and have no idea what I am doing yet. More camera than I need.

Attachments

• PIPSmallWindow.JPG
    PIPSmallWindow.JPG
    14.2 KB · Views: 379
  • PIPOverSizeWindow.JPG
    PIPOverSizeWindow.JPG
    13.5 KB · Views: 354
  • Shared View Selection.JPG
    Shared View Selection.JPG
    17.8 KB · Views: 398
  • Shared View Enabled.JPG
    Shared View Enabled.JPG
    15.3 KB · Views: 375
Awesome

That is awesome, I can not wait until my receiver gets the update. This is one of the main reasons I went with the 522. Is there anyway to speed up the process by which the receiver gets the update? Most likely not but I thought at least I would ask. I have GALD-N firmware and I think that I usually get updates 2 or 3 days after the release.

My software is L201GAGD-N. I seem to get all the updates on the first day of release. I have not figured out what cause me to get it first. Either by serial number or boot strap version I guess.

My Bootstrap is 1414GAGD as well so I don't know what it is based on. Maybe it is serial number. Who knows what they go by.

Joe236 said:
My Bootstrap is 1414GAGD as well so I don't know what it is based on. Maybe it is serial number. Who knows what they go by.
I've heard it is by serial number. I have version L169GALD-N and bootstrap 1414GALD. I think I've gotten other updates fairly quickly, but I didn't get it last night. Maybe tonight...

What is shared view? I understand the PIP or is that It? I am slightly confused as to what the shared view is... can anyone enligten me?

Shared view allows TV2 to view what TV1 is watching when single mode is selected. Without having Shared View enabled then if TV2 turns the TV on then it will get a message stating that Shared View is not enabled and they can't watch anything until TV1 enables Shared View or is switched back to Dual Mode.

wow that makes perfect sense... wonder why i couldnt think of it.. oh wait its way past my normal bed time and im nervous about my new install tomorrow... I used to install D* and am a bit nervous about letting someone else install my dish.

Ok, I have a stupid question. If I select single mode can I get my unit to act like it always acted just with the pip upgrade? In other words, if it's in single mode and I want to record/watch things on two different tv's will that work? Or do I have to keep it in dual mode for that?

typerk said:
Ok, I have a stupid question. If I select single mode can I get my unit to act like it always acted just with the pip upgrade? In other words, if it's in single mode and I want to record/watch things on two different tv's will that work? Or do I have to keep it in dual mode for that?

please someone with the new software test this... If i understand it corectly (partial speculation on my part for now) is that if shared viewing is enabled you can output through tv2, however i think it just uses the 1 IR (or if it has been changed UHF) remote. Someone might want to test that.

This is what I have been waiting for I have a 721 and I need to have 2 more TV's hooked up so of course the 522 is the logical choice. I really will not be watching the 4th TV very often but when I do I want to have PVR capabilities. So I just need to find a place to buy a 522 that has the new software upgrade in it. I guess I'll have a hard time doing that, but I'll look around surely they will put the new software in the new 522's they are building. Any input will be appreciated. Thanks

Bob

If I understand you question correctly then you must have it in Dual mode to be able to watch two different programs on two TVs. If you have it in single mode then you can use the PIP and watch two programs on the same TV. If you have Shared View enabled then TV2 can watch what your watching. Now while in Single mode you can record both channel your watching and the PIP channel. Does anyone know how to change from Dual to Single mode via the remote though? I am still stumped as to why I have to get up and press the button on the receiver to switch modes.

Strat it's like buying virus scan software. It's brand new but it's outdated until you get it home and upgrade it. When you buy a 522 and it's first plugged in the first thing it does is update the latest software so I'm sure you won't have a problem. Finding one with the newest software shouldn't matter at all.

Joes thanks for the response even though I'm still confused.

It sounds like single mode would be similar to reaching around the back of the 522 and disconnecting the feed to TV2. If you want to do "live" PIP, TV2 can only be watching pre-recorded programs. TV2 effectively becomes locked out. Do we assume that TV1 has priority ??

typerk said:
When you buy a 522 and it's first plugged in the first thing it does is update the latest software so I'm sure you won't have a problem. Finding one with the newest software shouldn't matter at all.
As far as a customer or end-user is concerned, the receivers will ALWAYS have the latest software by the time they sit down to watch TV. It will ship with who-knows-what version, but when it's setup, it downloads the current software like you say...

I have also noticed that my caller id now works correctly. I am not sure if it worked with the last software version. I think I tried it and it did not work so it appears to work now. I haven't seen anything else yet and I am not one of these people who check everything out. I was just waiting on Single mode and I am ticked I can't change to single mode without getting of my lazy a$$ to push the button on the box.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)