Sirius XM question

....you can't drive out of range of the satellite. :D

Yes you can. Try parts of Old Keene Mill Road. Try the outer beltway, curving onto 95 South, next to that high wall. And other places.

I haven't lost Pandora, even in stretches of I-66 W where the cell signal is spotty. I assume it buffers a few minutes.

And there's always the good feeling that I don't have to call and go thru cancellation Hell. Hold times, talking with multiple people, arguing to drop the service. You know what I mean.

I like SiriusXM in the truck but the dropouts are getting worse around town. I didnt travel as much this past year so it's not doing me much good around town with the dropouts. I finally switched to Bluetooth this morning and AccuRadio while I was out, but it's just something else I have to fool with each time I get in the truck, so I have stuck with SiriusXM. Streaming has its own annoyances, wait a few seconds for phone to connect to Bluetooth then open app and select channel from favorites. I have access to the music choice app as part of my cable subscription too so SiriusXM is probably going to be cancelled if I don't spend more time driving to and from Las Vegas.

I enjoy Sirius in my car. I like the ability to change to different eras and types of music. Also they're is the commentary I enjoy. Sure, I can play cd's or stuff on my thumb drive, but there's something about the radio I prefer.

Now the cost. 25$ for 6 months. I am one of those customers who calls a day before the deal expires to cancel. At the end of the conversation, they offer me the deal for 25$. I been playing this game for years. They used to make me wait a month before they offered the deal. Now I guess they know what I'm up to and offer the deal instantly.

One important thing to remember is to cancel at the end of the deal or they will automatically begin charging you full price.

Reactions: TheKrell and Tampa8
I like SiriusXM in the truck but the dropouts are getting worse around town. I didnt travel as much this past year so it's not doing me much good around town with the dropouts. I finally switched to Bluetooth this morning and AccuRadio while I was out, but it's just something else I have to fool with each time I get in the truck, so I have stuck with SiriusXM. Streaming has its own annoyances, wait a few seconds for phone to connect to Bluetooth then open app and select channel from favorites. I have access to the music choice app as part of my cable subscription too so SiriusXM is probably going to be cancelled if I don't spend more time driving to and from Las Vegas.

Good luck with that cancellation. Set aside plenty of time to do it.

And if you decide to stick with them, don't take the first offer. They'll sweeten it.

Reactions: osu1991
Good luck with that cancellation. Set aside plenty of time to do it.

Like Skytrooper, I've done this 3 or 4 times and with minimal pain. The only time it really took awhile was when I got the expiration/automatic charge date wrong in Outlook Calendar, and as a consequence had to cancel ex post facto and then resub to get my $26 deal. :(
Yes you can. Try parts of Old Keene Mill Road. Try the outer beltway, curving onto 95 South, next to that high wall. And other places.
  1. That's losing the satellite LOS, not driving out of range!
  2. I don't recall losing the sat while driving anywhere on the Beltway, and I go around both directions, sometimes every day. Nor do I remember losing it on Old Keen Mill.
  3. Dropouts used to be horrendous when I first bought my 300 in 2013. But after 3 radio updates, or possibly the addition of more terrestrial transmitters, I no longer get dropouts except in extraordinary circumstances. I can even get service on 5 decks of my parking garage at work. Only the far end of the ground floor (which is mostly underground) kills that sat signal.

How many no's does it take to get that deal?

It takes me just one call, other than the first time I did this years ago. You want to call the cancellation line, which is 1-866-635-5020. As others have said, just say you want to cancel, and they'll ask you why. (For me, I state that I only listen to one channel, and the regular price is not worth it for me.) Then they'll make you a better offer or two. Or three. :D I wait until I'm paying no more than $5/mo and then I say OK, I'll go for that for another 6 months.

It takes me just one call, other than the first time I did this years ago. You want to call the cancellation line, which is 1-866-635-5020. As others have said, just say you want to cancel, and they'll ask you why. (For me, I state that I only listen to one channel, and the regular price is not worth it for me.) Then they'll make you a better offer or two. Or three. :D I wait until I'm paying no more than $5/mo and then I say OK, I'll go for that for another 6 months.

THX!!

Sent from my iPhone 6 using the SatelliteGuys app!

My 2009 Jetta lost it a lot. Been well over a year since it was totaled. I doubt I will EVER pay a sat radio sub again. Not worth it. Pandora (and no doubt others) provide the same thing for most people.

I travel to WV along the beltway, 270, 70 and 81. Then local roads.

Granted, I'm not listening to Pandora full time, but I've never had "no service." It just works.

Why pay for sat radio, unless you travel very long distances without cell service?

I can drive 90+ minutes to rural WV and lose nothing. Pandora has been much more reliable than Sat Radio.

If it don't come on free radio... it costs too much. I find myself enjoying what's on for free, or just enjoying the ride. Something I got used to on the Harley. I drove a friend's truck from Phoenix to Camp Pendleton, with very limited radio functionality. I find I can even enjoy the Spanish music, although I don't speak a lick of Spanglish.

Worked. Took the third offer before they got back to 5 for $25. THX again.

Reactions: TheKrell

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)