Skeptical

BigShowJoe

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jun 22, 2005
Ok, I am currently a cable customer and I have no problem with them. I have a scheudled install of Dish Network today but I have heard a lot of bad things about the 811. Someone who has made the switch from digital cable and hd to Dish 811 please tell me your opinion. I don't want to get into something that is going to cause me a headache with picture quality and receiver reliability.

811 is not a top of the line receiver, like HD DVR 942, but it works and it is better then corresponding cable standard HD receiver. It works fine here. And it is free (lease) unlike $300 upfront D* receiver.

My 811 works great also, it's been here since March 2005 and I've not had one problem with it. Unlike my SA8300HD, when I had cable I had nothing but problems with it.

Brian

I have two 811's. They both work, but here in OKC they only populate the EPG with data for half the stations. Not a big issue, just an irritant.

Have two 811's. both work fine. No PQ issues. (I use component on both)

Great for watching TV. Need a reboot every once in a while. I've never had any OTA problems with either one.

The 942 is awesome. I wish all three of my DN recievers were 942's.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts