Skyangel

Did you get a chance to read the Glorystar FAQ? It touches on this subject and much more. Basically, Glorystar appears to be attempting to combine as many Christian/Religious FTA channels into one pre-programmed FTA receiver/dish/lnb setup. The cost of these channels is $0 (which is substantially cheaper than the cost for SkyAngel, I believe).

Sky Angel costs a monthly fee while Glorystar is free is probably the main difference. You can also get a lot of international channels besides just the Glorystar channels if you so choose.

My wife's family and friends are Adventist and she's been wanting to get the Adventist channels. Sky Angel is what most of her family has BUT they no longer have 3ABN. I found this Glorystar setup that will deliver all the Adventist channels (a lot more then Sky Angel) PLUS a bunch more Christian programming. Her family is looking closely at how this setup goes and if it goes well they may very well switch to this system.

The other benefit (for me personally) is you get a top of the line FTA receiver and dish. If in the future I wanted to explore more FTA stuff I can easily get a motor, remove one of the LNBs and have full access to any sat I have line of sight to. I did a lot of research and the Glorystar system allows expansion like this which is a huge plus for me.

Reactions: kodaz
Ok I read the FAQ. For some reason I didn't see it earlier.

One thing that I was concerned about is how come this system is not for HD? It says it has component hookup for HD monitors but it's doesn't say it will get HD broadcasts. I thought within the next year or two all channels are supposed to be HD?

I thought within the next year or two all channels are supposed to be HD?

no. You're thinking of analog TV broadcasts. Analog TV channels have to be digital come 2009 or so. Since the Glorystar channels and Sky Angel are both digital, they're alrready set :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)