Slight Disappointment

hpman247

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Well I picked up my preorder this morning. Few things I don't like. Overall, this system has not lived up to the hype, at least for this day. By next year, I'm sure all will be fine, but my 360 can do SO MUCH MORE right now it is not funny.

Pros:
Blu-ray looks AMAZING
Love the light controller (Do not miss the rumble at all)
So far games have no lag
No problem with the upscaling issue on both of my HDTVS 3 y.o Sony KP51WS520 and Samsung Hl-S4266w

Cons
Playstation network is GARBAGE because (below)
When D/L from the PS network, you must leave it on the D/L screen.
Interface is not as good as XBOX
Miss achievements
Miss the general Xbox Dash/Live feel
RFOM is no Gears of War (but I know I must give the graphics time and the devs time to get them up)
Again I HATE THE WAY YOU HAVE TO D/L stuff
No Media playback over the network

I'll add more later. I'm really tired now, b/c i couldn't sleep last night.

Last edited:
IMO, it looks better than the 360 HDDVD player. I have both, so I can give a fair assessment. The movies I have are

HDDVD
Tomb Raider
King Kong
Training Day

Bluray
Talledaga Nights
XMen
Underworld Evolution
Sleepy Hollow
Gone in 60 Seconds

IMO, it looks better than the 360 HDDVD player. I have both, so I can give a fair assessment. The movies I have are

Bluray

Sleepy Hollow

This is the one that would look the best I bet! am I right? I think this movie would be in my player to show it off, it was a GREAT looking DVD....Very well done, and with great actors.

its going to be tough for a little while I think, as we are comparing the ps3 to a year old 360.....Game developers have had no time getting use to the cell....just like it took a while to make quality games for the 360, so it will be the same way for the ps3...give it time it will be a good product

Sony may not have much time.

I Know it will be hard with them to fight with M$ at this point, but remember Playstation is a very big name in video games, even though at 5 stores I went to, and this is 100% accurate 1/10 people were actually keeping the system, the rest were selling!

Hpman, Congrats on the pickup. I was not able to secure one this time around. I have my eyes open. I was on the Costco sight and heading to the check-out when the site went down and I never got back to the PS3 bundle. I guess their system didn't have anyway to lock those currently on in the system.

I also appreciate your honesty. about the system. I am actually going to use the PS3 for an inexpensive BluRay drive till they work out the bugs and would really appreciate a review of the PS3's BluRay movie abilities.

How well does the browser work? I thought that the PS3 would be doing media streaming -- is it possible that even though the PS3 site is up it is not fully functioning? I would think it would take some time for Sony to even come close to the 360 in terms of M$ Live site. This is what M$ does to make their money and they have become very good at it.

Finally, are you happy with your purchase?

Hpman, Congrats on the pickup. I was not able to secure one this time around. I have my eyes open. I was on the Costco sight and heading to the check-out when the site went down and I never got back to the PS3 bundle. I guess their system didn't have anyway to lock those currently on in the system.

I also appreciate your honesty. about the system. I am actually going to use the PS3 for an inexpensive BluRay drive till they work out the bugs and would really appreciate a review of the PS3's BluRay movie abilities.

How well does the browser work? I thought that the PS3 would be doing media streaming -- is it possible that even though the PS3 site is up it is not fully functioning? I would think it would take some time for Sony to even come close to the 360 in terms of M$ Live site. This is what M$ does to make their money and they have become very good at it.

Finally, are you happy with your purchase?

I'll post a full review in the next two days, and in it i will give you my opinion on the blu-ray PQ

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts