Sling adapter error 36

lodingm123

Original poster
Jul 23, 2011
mid west
Hey,

Thanks in advance. I have a sling adapter on a receiver 722k for dish network. It works fantastic 99% of the time. That 1% is the big problem. Let me tell you what I am getting. The sling adapter works on my home desktop, My phone while connected to WiFi or data, and works on external desktops outside of my network as well. I came up against a firewall at my fiances college that does not let me get to the Dish online website. I thought OK that's fine by me I will set up a SSH tunnel and tunnel through to my home desktop. I do that and success I can get to the dish-online website and it sees my receiver and it even says it connects to it. Thats where the problem lies. It says it connects to my receiver but then times out, (error 36) please try again. So I try again and again and nothing. Are there any suggestions that you might be able to give me to try and get that error corrected?

The reason I told you I was using a tunnel (through Firefox and putty) is because I was wondering if that could be causing the problem seeing as it works in all other scenario and that is the only thing different in this scenario. Thanks for any suggestions, let me know if you have any questions or anything I can clear up!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts