Slingbox on 222 through DishOnline?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Chimera

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Aug 13, 2008
Hi guys,

I have an old slingbox pro that I currently have connected to my 722, but I just ordered a sling adapter to take advantage of the rebate. I'd like to keep the old slingbox connected and use it on my 222 but for some reason my 222 always shows as "offline" even though it's hard-wired to my switch just like my 722 is. When I check the "my equipment" section of DishNetwork.com I see this :

Family : HD Duo
Model : VIP222
Receiver # : RXXXXXXXXX
Broadband Connected : Yes (as of 08/02/11)

So clearly the 222 is connecting just fine. Is it showing as "offline" in DishOnline because it's not a DVR? Is there any way to use a slingbox connected to a 222 through DishOnline?

Thanks for any help

Grahame

There's another thread like this over at dishsupport.com and most likely you can get the slingbox added, but there's debate as to whether it will work through DO or DRA properly... could be one of several reasons for the problem ... the *best* place to start is to make sure the SlingBox works through Slingbox's website. Once it works there, *then* you have the issue of getting DO / DRA to see and use/allow connection through them. DO has undergone significant changes, away from what was the SlingMedia way of doing things... some of the back ends processes have been moved to new servers, the authentication is now mashed through amazon's cloud, and these might be things that are causing the collaboration between the two products to fail.

So... get it working originally like it should (with slingbox / sling media) then try adding to Dish Remote Access ... and then try Dish Online ... see if you get different results from the two access methods at Dish.

I did get it working through DO (see the other thread that I threadjacked yesterday) but since it's a 222 it doesn't seem to work with the iPad/iPhone app because the receiver has to be "online" as a DVR. With DO even though the receiver is "offline" you can still choose Live TV and watch the stream from the Slingbox Pro.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)