Slingbox owners with Dish receivers, please help!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Pepper

DVR Addict~Mad Scientist
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Mar 16, 2004
Satsuma, AL
Hey Guys and Gals,

I have an active thread over at slingcommunity regarding the troubles with the Echostar/Dish/BEV remote codes. Basically the problem is that there are many choices but most of them are remote address 1, and there's no indication before you set it up how functional of a remote you will end up with. This presents many problems such as: difficult to control more than one E* receiver; possibility of neighbors controlling your box if you have UHF-pro enabled with address 1; PIP-function buttons missing from remote.

My suggestion was to get rid of all that, create one E* remote based on the IR 5.0 DVR remote, with up to 31 variations for each available address and have them clearly labeled as to what they are.

You might want to go here: http://www.slingcommunity.com/forum/thread/12727/ and add your comments. I'm hoping if Sling sees a lot of interest they might fix the problem.

Thanks for your support!

Mine works just fine. My only request is to have the Format button actually control the format...not goto the last channel. I dont like watching a squished screen coming out of my 942.

Scott, thanks for posting. Any other slingbox owners out there want to help out?

Slingbox with 921

Anyone use the slingbox with a 921? I have mine connected via Component does the 921 send out signals from both connections or do I have to change to SD to use the slingbox?

Scott's post is in the thread I started over at slingcommunity. I referred to it in the original post here, I'm trying to get their attention to fix the issues with E* remotes on the slingbox.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)