Slow EHD transfer

...The question I have: Why would anyone transfer a program back to the DVR?

Well, we used to transfer it back to avoid erasure. But that seems to have been fixed w/the recent s/w update.

So why transfer back?

-To reliably see time remaining. I just watched "21 Sinful Places in Vegas" or some such, off the EHD. At one point, pressing cancel got "12 minutes remaining." Shortly after that, pressing cancel got "16 minutes remaining," where is stayed for the remaining of the viewing. I don't think that happens every time, but it definitely happened that time. BTW, they are pushing Vegas as filled with gorgeous young bodies and booze, and apparently older folks like me are just not wanted anymore. And "bottles" cost hundreds of dollars apiece. I daresay realworld is more people over 40 than under.

-For ease in deleting when done. When viewing off the EHD, at the end there is no delete option like there is when viewing from the onboard HDD. You have to exit back to the list of recordings, where it defaults to the first item on the list, and then scroll down to find your show, select it, and then delete it. I find this to be quite an annoying shortcoming of the s/w, especially when scrolling down to item number forty something out of a list of 75.

Since I've lost internal HDDs, I tend to move most items to the EHD. Sometimes I move them back before viewing. I try to keep as little as possible on the internal. One of my EHDs is a RAID-1.

Also, I try to keep at least 30, and preferably 50, HD hours of recording space on my internal. On at least two occasions, I have found a recording still continuing a day later, just failing to ever stop. Don't want to start having programs drop off because of that.

Cancelling

why does Prime Ticket HD miss the first few innings of Dodger games?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)