Slow/no ceo at echostar response

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

jrfuda

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 27, 2004
San Antonio, TX, USA
Has anyone goten a response from the ceo email in the past two days?

Following the advice of several board members, I emailed them to get a tracking number for my 622 and have not gotten a response back at all. I emailed them a little over 24 hours ago, and resent the same message again this morning.

The last time I emailed them, back in the fall reference a 942 upgrade (that didn't happen) they called me that evening, maybe 6 hours after I sent the email.

I stated in the message I sent yesterday/today that I'd prefer an email response, but haven't gotten anything.

Anyone else wwiting a response from them?

They are getting FLOODED with emails. If you dont hear from them in 48 hours email them again and this time change your subject to "SECOND REQUEST"

Trust me the guys are working hard to get through all the emails they are getting. :)

Thanks guys, I was getting concerned becuase some folks said they were getting responses in 20-30 minutes. They must've been lucky. With my install date of 3 March, I might well get my 622 (if it's shipped) before I get a response ;)

Wow! You've actually gotten a response from CEO e-mail? Since October I've send 3 or 4 messages and never got a response. I chalked it up to Dish being e-mail phobic since their CSRs always claim they can't send me any information via e-mail.

I just got a response to the folow-up message I sent this morning - so, maybe 2 hours after I sent it.

They gave me a tracking number. It shipped on the 20th with an attempted delivery yesterday. We use our garage to enter/exit the house, so if there's not an obvious package at the front door we won't notice it.

I took an early lunch and - sure enough - there was an attempted delivery slip dated yesterday on the door. It said it had to be signed for in person, but I penned out a quick plea on the slip for them to stick it on the back porch (worked before with a $800 DVD Changer) and alternately gave them an option to leave it at some neighbors we trust across the street (who should be home).

Worse case, I'll have to arrange for a will call at the UPS hub, which is only a couple miles from the house. My install's a week from tommorrow, and all I have is a Dish 500 and an old single LBG dish (currently connected to nothing) so I'll need an installer to pull this off anyway.

It's nice to know that I'll have half of the hardware solution. Hopefully the installer's work order is properly spec'd out!

boba said:
Scott do you think DISH may have misshandled somethings that the executive office is so busy handling customer problems?

rotfl.gif
rotfl.gif

I've sent several 921-related emails to them since I got my 921, and have NEVER gotten a reply to any of them - not even a canned response. I've never been rude or abusive; in fact I've bent over backwards to not be offensive in any way. I have, however, asked them questions on occasion that they might not want to answer honestly (mostly about local guide info).

Brad

Maybe the key is for them to have something that may actually improve the situation.

Asking a loaded question about the 921 that they have no way of answering to the users satisfaction might have convinced them to just ignore the question.

When I email them about a specific issue (622 delivery date, etc.), I get a prompt response (about a day or less). When I email to gripe or make suggestions about their systemwide decisions I rarely get a response.

I did get a response this week about my 622 and an apology for my headaches getting me 622 (ordered on 2/1, screwed up order made them blow the 2/22 date and reschedule for 3/9) . They just gave me a tracking number today, but it doesn't work in UPS's system yet, which means it is probably still on E*'s dock awaiting pickup..... I'm guessing mine will show up next week sometime.

It looks like the 622 will be worth the wait however.... I played with my father's last night and the receiver and picture were solid with no issues (other than a message demanding that we hook it up to a phone line - I hooked it up and all is well again).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)