Sluggish response on 722Ks and other DVRs

brad1138

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 20, 2006
Red Dwarf
For the last few months I have noticed much more sluggish behavior than normal in my 722k and a lot of others. I will hit guide, nothing happens, so I hit it again and maybe after 2-3 seconds its fires off all presses and switches my guide display. Normally the 722 is a very fast responding rec, I have always bragged about it. But lately it is anything but.

Anyone else notice this?

Brad

For the last few months I have noticed much more sluggish behavior than normal in my 722k and a lot of others. I will hit guide, nothing happens, so I hit it again and maybe after 2-3 seconds its fires off all presses and switches my guide display. Normally the 722 is a very fast responding rec, I have always bragged about it. But lately it is anything but.

Anyone else notice this?

Brad

Yup, my VIP622 is doing it also, and it drives me CRAZY! I thought it was batteries. Nope. I thought it was maybe my laptop interfering with the signal, nope. I thought the DVR was overheating, nope. So, might be a new firmware load that screwed it up. Glad to see it's happening to somebody else, and not just me...

Same response on my VIP722, haven't tried changing the address like HIFI mentions yet.

Today though it rebooted on it's own twice. It also did it last Thursday.

it's a common tech issue, it could happen to anyone its not necessarily the updates. if that happens readdress the remote and/or reset the recvr by unplugging the power cord for 10 secs. and pluggin it back in. :up

722 with L629 and absolutely no lag, but all my access codes are in the extended range. A previous poster suggested this might make a difference. Also my 722K very snappy and my other 722's all snappy and fast as well, but all in extended range and UHF Pro B whenever possible.

noticed it on new installs here lately and for some reason readdressing the remote to an even addy above 16 seems to help.

722 with L629 and absolutely no lag, but all my access codes are in the extended range. A previous poster suggested this might make a difference. Also my 722K very snappy and my other 722's all snappy and fast as well, but all in extended range and UHF Pro B whenever possible.

How is this achieved with a 722k?
Thanks,
Ghpr13:confused:

A reboot of the receiver does the trick. Push the red reset button behind the hidden door on the right side front of the receiver or un plug for 10 secs.

My 722 came with a 6.3...

I believe what hifi and others are discussing is using hidden codes to unlock the upper 16 channel numbers. ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts