Small Triangular Areas toward screen bottom

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

smboss

Original poster
Apr 9, 2012
United States
Spent time on phone with tech support and had 2 (contract) tech visits on this issue already so laying it out there for all.
Both my hoppers and all 3 joeys will develop small tab like errors comprised mostly of black pixels and a few white ones about 10 pixels up from the bottom of the screen as time develops. A reset will clear the 'dots' but they always come back over time, both on the hoppers and joeys. It is not dependent on the TV used. The 'noise' is located in the area below where the letterbox program is viewed, and clearly visible on full frame HD. Sometimes there's one, sometimes up to 4, all along the same height.
So far, the 2 previous techs have verified all cabling and replaced the duo node, but the problem still develops. What the heck could be the cause of this? Why couldn't the other 2 techs who visited figure it out?

hopperdots.JPG

Wow. That's a new one. You get some kind of award (yeah, not a consolation) for strangest Hopper issue. :eek:

Actually I get the same thing. If I go into settings and use the screen size adjustment, I zoom in one click then back out and it disappears. DIRT team?

Actually I get the same thing. If I go into settings and use the screen size adjustment, I zoom in one click then back out and it disappears. DIRT team?

Thanks jcvaughan...I was suspecting some sort of software issue that would hopefully be addressed in a quick update, but with no other evidence, the tech team on the phone has to eliminate something in the receiver system.

smboss said:
Thanks jcvaughan...I was suspecting some sort of software issue that would hopefully be addressed in a quick update, but with no other evidence, the tech team on the phone has to eliminate something in the receiver system.

Use a sharpie, them you wont see the white dot.

Obviously Im just kidding. Dont do that. Lol

Yep you need to size the guide the size of the TV screen or larger because moving the guide up/down will leave those blotches under the actual guide screen. This is one of the reasons I have to size my guide just a little larger on my 60". I can either make it smaller or larger, size increments are too much to size it perfect with the screen. I'd size it smaller so there's no chop off of the guide but it leaves those botches :(

Jay

I've seen the same thing on 2 different TV's. One with the Hopper and one with a Joey. Both of which were slightly re-sized. I noticed it is not there on the SD channels which are set to "partial zoom". I figured it had to do with the resizing.

I have seen one of these on my Joey - it showed up after a screen readjustment and I figured it was the pointer and meant to be off screen. I lowered things by a tick and it was gone with no loss in image.

So there's no usable dot-for-dot mode, or what? There should be!

Yep you need to size the guide the size of the TV screen or larger because moving the guide up/down will leave those blotches under the actual guide screen. This is one of the reasons I have to size my guide just a little larger on my 60". I can either make it smaller or larger, size increments are too much to size it perfect with the screen. I'd size it smaller so there's no chop off of the guide but it leaves those botches :(

Jay

Great feedback from everyone in this thread. Those blotches have been right where the guide borders were on the bottom. Based on your input, it looks like trying to get the full frame of the guide INside the screen seems to be leaving these latent marks -- at least on my system. Will try making it a bit larger to compensate for this graphics overlay bug.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)