Snow cover

Luken8r

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jun 27, 2006
The past few snow storms have been wet and sticky causing some snow buildup on my dish and the obvious signal loss. Trying to find a solution to this problem, I found this site wedgiecovers.com which is a nylon cover that goes over the whole dish. Anyone use something like this with any result? This signal loss due to snow is really starting to bug me.

If the situation is unusual for your area, then a black plastic trash bag will work just about as well as those expensive nylon covers.

If wet snow is normal for your location (Wash, Ore, Calif, etc.) then a dish heater is the only permanent and easy solution.

Yeah if it is just a once in awhile thing throw a trash bag on it, save a lot of money. If not order a dish heater.

Pam gets sticky (believe it or not). You're better off with a silicone spray. If the sprays don't work, try the trash bag. I haven't seen snow build up on the LNB lenses yet, but I have had it stick to my dish. If snow sticking to the dish is the culprit, then I think I'd go for the dish heater. The trash bag is not a real elegant solution :)