So how's Indi 500 HD?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

birkoff

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 21, 2004
Since I haven't sprung for the HD locals yet,
I'm curious how the pit action looks on
HD?

Birkoff

birkoff said:
Since I haven't sprung for the HD locals yet,
I'm curious how the pit action looks on
HD?

Birkoff

It is not shown in HD, SD only.

I like the multicam however its a pain to switch cameras as the application needs to reload each time you go to the 6 camera mosiac.

Scott Greczkowski said:
I like the multicam however its a pain to switch cameras as the application needs to reload each time you go to the 6 camera mosiac.

The app keeps freezing my 622 it works great in the 6 cam view.. as soon as I try to go to an individual camera it locks the receiver.

Indy 500 doesn't pull the numbers like Nascar. Indy probally will not beat the Coke 600 tonight and it is 4 or 5 on the list of big Nascar races. That is why they don't spend the money to send the HD camera's. Forget tradition look at the numbers.

No it was not HD last year but I thought they annouced several months ago that this years race would be. The digital sd is better than last years. Anyway it was a great finish HD or not.

Was surprised to view these channels in INDY since the RACE is not shown live and race was blacked out. Still the radio audio feed and the six live cameras were better than just the radio only. Found that if I hit Guide I could pick one of six cameras without reloading. Again better than nothing in the black-out area around Indianapolis. Didn't know if this was only for 622 or could 942s see these too?

It was a great finish! We'll be hearing a lot more from Marco Andretti. His dad must really be torn between pride for his son and disappointment about losing his "last" opportunity. I'll bet he will be back.

I was disappointed in the 6 feed setup. If it had been in HD, the individual feeds could have been bigger. They need to make switching between cameras seamless and also give seamless access to the Main network feed too. I eventually gave up and just watched the Network channel.

I had it lock up my 622 requiring a Power button reset.

I did however have the 622 recording the F1 race on HD LIL CBS, and recording the Indy500 on ABC via OTA. Then I tried to watch six in-car. When trying to go "full screen" on one of the mosaic screens I locked up.

After the reboot, I had the DVR record the ABC OTA, and just manually swapped between the F1 and In-car channels. I had to leave the Dish Interactive application out of the picture.

You can thank Tony George for no HD from Indy, he provides the feed to the networks, you can also thank him for destroying the whole Indy car mystique with his greed and stupidity.

Coke 600 looked great in HD!!!!

I had to watch the race tonight on my Bell 9200 to get FOX in HD but it looked great!!!!! Nice to see somebody new win (I mean besides Jimmie Johnson). Can't wait 'till I get Detroit locals on my 622.

Last edited:
Yes the 6 picture thing was a nice gesture from dish , but they need to see how the nascar boy's do their Incar, just glad their going in this direction, maybe well see Nascar Incar from Dish someday! :)

Turd Fergeson said:
Indy 500 doesn't pull the numbers like Nascar. Indy probally will not beat the Coke 600 tonight and it is 4 or 5 on the list of big Nascar races. That is why they don't spend the money to send the HD camera's. Forget tradition look at the numbers.

It's not the Indy 500 that did not have it in HD, it is the Network that covers the event that makes that decision.

Jimbo

Jimbos said:
It's not the Indy 500 that did not have it in HD, it is the Network that covers the event that makes that decision.

Jimbo
The TV feed of the Indy 500 is controlled by the Indianapolis Raceway. They have a long term contract with ABC to televise their event. HD would cost them extra money with no return (ABC payment is locked in the contract). Until that contract is up and the competing bidders demand HD, Indianapolis 500 will be SD.

Jimbos said:

Jimbo

It doesn't matter who decides racetrack or network it is not worth while for them to do it because of the ratings.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)