So long...farewell...

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

smccollamjr

Original poster
Jul 6, 2004
I bit the bullet and called tha cable company today. After TiVo my wife couldn't adapt to the 522 or it's bugs. The final straw was last night, I guess lighting from the storm must have got the switch, because I now get all channels except locals. Since my wife's soaps and reality show are local...she is not happy. Dish is sending me a switch, but I'll probably cancel next week anyway. My overall opinion is that I like the 522. I've seen alot of complaints, but I haven't many problems with mine...but as my wife says, "It's still not TiVo"

The reason I'm writing is to thank all the helpful people that participate in this forum. I've got a lot of good advice from guys and would have sent the 522 back a long time ago if it hadn't been for you. May check into DirectTV later, but I will probably still have the weather problems...so who knows. Anyway, thanks again and good luck and God Bless.