So what's the real story on the 921 and Superdish?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

John W

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
Planet Earth
Aside from probable delays what's the official word on the following subjects:

-921 release date (word is Nov 1)

-Do I need Superdish to get HD with the 921 (I have 61.5)

-real cost of Superdish, can I get it free with a commitment (won't do autopay)

John Walsh said:
Aside from probable delays what's the official word on the following subjects:

-921 release date (word is Nov 1)

-Do I need Superdish to get HD with the 921 (I have 61.5)

-real cost of Superdish, can I get it free with a commitment (won't do autopay)

Hope this helps. It comes the CC last night

(5) New HDTV package will be available with a dish 500 plus a 6000 receiver with the enhanced HD adapter.

(6) Customer offer for Enhanced HD adapter for Model 6000

(a) $99 installed. Shipping charges waived with subscription to HD
programming

or

(b) Free to Annual HD Programming package customers.

(7) Customer offer of Model 6000.

(a) $499 MSRP receiver only plus $99 installation

or

(b) $199 installed and one year minimum programming agreement
to America's Top 50 plus HD package. There is a limit of one receiver.
Offer begins 9/16/03 and ends 10/31/03. Savings of $399.

8- Dish 811
(a) delivers SD and HD satellite programming
(b) Dish Home Interactive
(c) $399 receiver ONLY

(9) Dish 921
(a) delivers SD and HD satellite programming
(b) $999 receiver ONLY
(c) Charlie stated 40 hrs of HD programming but who knows?

(11) SuperDish Antenna Upgrade

(a) $200 plus $99 installation. Stars 11/1/03. $199 up front.

or

(b) Free with 1 year commitment to America's top 50 plus local packager
or HD package. Expires 1/31/04. Savings of $299.

I agree. I will sign the annual HD package (as I already did so for Discovery) and get the superdish for free. Too bad it comes with installation (would rather install it myself.)

sampatterson said:
I agree. I will sign the annual HD package (as I already did so for Discovery) and get the superdish for free. Too bad it comes with installation (would rather install it myself.)

I hear ya. I hate having someone mess with my stuff. I usually know way more than they do and end up going behind them and fixing some of their work. I even do all the work on my cars including when its time to change the tires. I spend so much time in my attic I am thinking of running lights a opening up an air vent when I go up.

I agree, I had rather do it myself.The SD may be harder to install but I dought its that bad. I've probably installed 40 dishes and haven't failed yet.

I wonder if you have to be a person that would need the superdish to get locals or if you could already have AT150+locals and commit to a year and get free superdish. I want the superdish for my future 921.

sparker said:
I wonder if you have to be a person that would need the superdish to get locals or if you could already have AT150+locals and commit to a year and get free superdish. I want the superdish for my future 921.

I was wondering the samething?

I would think that it would only be for those that would need the SuperDish to get the locals but if that is not stated in the rules for getting the SuperDish you may be able to take advantage of what Dish Network overlooked. I dont think Dish would want to upgrade customers that do not need the SuperDish for nothing.

Well I guess as long as they release the 921 and get supply flowing I could just commit to a year of the HD. But will superdish even be needed for HD programming for a long time?

Well I guess as long as they release the 921 and get supply flowing I could just commit to a year of the HD. But will superdish even be needed for HD programming for a long time?
Yes, it will be needed this year if you want to see new HDTV programming that won't be on 110 or 61.5/148.

Once again, the Superdish and the professional installation are free so long as you commit to a year of the TOP50 (or better) and the HD package - a total of $34.98/mo.

sampatterson said:
Too bad it comes with installation (would rather install it myself.)
I think most people will prefer "professional installation" but I, too, would rather install the SuperDish myself.

There are two reasons for that. First, I would like to see how difficult it is to install and second, every DISH Network installer I have met in my area has been a real bozo. In the past year, two neighbors that had DISH systems installed called me because their installers had "problems" with the installation. In one case, the 3 installers were there two days in a row and couldn't get a signal. After they left the second day the neighbor called me and I went to his house and looked at the dish mount and could tell just by looking that the mount wasn't plumb. Once I fixed that I was able to get a good signals from 119 and 110 in less than 5 minutes. The three installers had said that they had installed "hundreds of dishes" but didn't follow the number one rule of a multi-slot install, that is "make sure that the dish is plumb". I don't think the "professionals" are going to do any better on a SuperDish install either from what I seen from some other installations in my area. That is why I rather do it myself.

Anonymous said:
Bill,

From a post at avs forums. It must be professionally installed

Yes, but that does not mean you can not work side-by-side with the installer when he/she arrives. I have always "allowed" the installers to do the install as they require, however it is I who does the majority of the work. I do like their sat finder, it works better than mine. :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)